• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Red ring of death or hope for this egg?

MantaNoRay

Moving in
Real Name
Samantha
My female GCC (3yo) is laying for the first time this year and we haven’t had a successful egg yet. First she never sat on (first egg ever, so I don’t think she understood), second went splat for a high perch, third got a crack when she was moving it, and now we have our fourth that she has diligently been sitting on.

She laid it Wednesday morning and starting sitting on it that evening, so we’re at about day 4/5. I candled to see if we have growth and I see SOMETHING, but I fear it may be a red ring.

IMG_0064.jpeg IMG_0060.jpeg

Once I realized she was never going to sit on the first egg I cracked it open and saw that it was in fact fertilize, so I know that I have a fertile pair. Just don’t want to get my hopes up if it’s not going to pan out!

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
no red ring of death here. ie no clearly visible red line

however day 5 or 6 you should see a dark spot form at the center of that yolk, and then the blood vessels will form and radiate out. no sign of that either

But its not an exact science, give it a few days

MantaNoRay

Moving in
Real Name
Samantha
The baby is developing well and there is visible heartbeat today! So exciting. There is a small crack in the shell that has me nervous, though.