• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Red Palm oil and Aloe water for Ekkies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is it alright to add this to their diet? I have a buddy who just adopted a plucked Ekkie who used to also live with a smoker. Thank goodness he's in a great home now. She tried aloe water but there were these aloe pieces in the product and it clogged up her spray bottle. Is she using the wrong product? What do you recommend? Please post helpful link if possible.:hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
It may be easier to get an aloe liquid such as George's Aloe Vera. I like their processing technique.
George's "Always Active" Aloe, Aloe Vera Gel, Aloe Vera Liquid,

Whatever aloe vera they use should be pure with no additives. Many use citrus as a preservative which can delay the results because citrus can have a drying effect to the skin and feathers. Have them give aloe baths every day for one week and then space it out more and see what results they have. :) When they space it out give regular showers in between, perhaps bringing him in the shower with the owner.

Also tell them not to use a blow dryer but allow the ekkie to air dry if possible. If they have to blow dry use the coolest setting and don't hold it close to the bird and don't dry completely but allow it to air dry at the end.

Last edited:

jim

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jim
RPO is very good for them. Like most things though, use in moderation. It is one of the ingredients in my cookies I make.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8:Thanks Marie and Jim.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
RPO is good for them and us too! It doesn't have any protein in it, but it is high in Vitamin E. Too much Vit. E can bring on hormonal behaviors. So like Jim said; "in moderation."

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I stand corrected. The Red palm oil info I was looking at had protein as an additive. :o:
I removed that part of my post above. Thanks guys. :)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks Marie.:)

annie1

Walking the driveway
Real Name
manuela
i only use pur organic aloa vera juice in their drinking water and mix it with water for a bath and i also give redpalm oil for the skin since mine is eating her feet .:)

Status
Not open for further replies.