• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

red-faced mouse bird

Whistles

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Matthew
Hi All,

it seems I land up with the lost and baby birds work, friends and family find. the latest been what a suspect to be, a red-faced mouse bird found outside our factory in Primrose, Gauteng after a hail storm.
judging by the size and plumage it is a juvenile. It hops and might fly or could be graceful falling too,
not sure.

I have been giving it original pronutro mixed with water,that seems to pep it up. it has also eaten some fruit, apple and mater melon. The Kids named it Whistles.
I have been reading the posts regarding mouse birds and found them helpful.
Any further help is welcome. I will attach a picture when I have figured out how to do it.

:)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
welcome and thank you for saving that little cutie..very very sweet!!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
What a cutie, theres a member who is very good with mousebirds, also a section on them. Thank you for helping this beautiful baby.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Welcome to AA. :hug8: Thanks for taking in this little sweetie. He looks more like a speckled to me. Red faced looks more like my Gryphon. Can you please start a thread in the Softbill Circle about him. Weighing him every day with a gram scale is important.
{<<reminds self to get that mousebird article finished}