• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Red/brown coloring in the corner of cockatiel’s eye?

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
Hello, everyone. If you remember me, you may have realized that I’ve been MIA from here on AA for quite some time. I’m so very sorry for the sudden disappearance and to now just drop in with a random and urgent post like this, and I do intend on updating very soon, but right now I’m a nervous wreck because of the problem explained below.

I now am the owner of a sweet cockatiel (whom I will talk more about later), and I just noticed some weird reddish/brown coloring in the corner of her eye? I’ve never seen a bird’s eye look like this, and after reading some confusing information online about it I’ve found myself really stressed out over it. Is this concerning?? Anyone have any experience with this?

B9ADCBD3-2C10-40D9-9922-61343850608F.jpeg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Do you see it all the time or just when he moves his eye a certain way? Does he close it more often than the other?

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
Do you see it all the time or just when he moves his eye a certain way? Does he close it more often than the other?
All the time. But she doesn’t seem to be closing it anymore than usual.

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
Could be a minor case of eye conjunctivitis. I would recommend a vet visit to get her checked out.
Okay thank you for the help! I did read a bit about conjunctivitis but couldn’t find a good picture online for reference when trying to figure it out. Figured I should take her just to be sure anyway but was curious to get y’all’s opinions. I’ll call in the morning and get an appointment scheduled… thank you so much again and also thank you @sunnysmom.