• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Recommended nebulizer formula for my finch?

kamoodle5

Moving in
I have taken Ginger to the vet for the fourth time yesterday morning. Since vet visit #3, she's been given more Baytril as well as some Gentocin (which involved me buying a nebulizer for her). When I told the doctor that Ginger did feel comfortable while I was using the nebulizer, she suggested that I could try any other saline formula or even just water (I know tap is no good) to moisturize Ginger's throat. Does anyone have a good suggestion for a solution I could make as nebulizer formula for Ginger? I understand there are similar medications for humans that are over-the-counter, but I do not know which one to trust Would plain salt water or only water suffice just as well?

For anyone curious, Ginger is still doing well despite her breathing problems. The doctor has concluded that it may just be scar tissue inside Ginger's throat after the bird recovered from her neck injury nearly two years ago. It likely explains the coughing, due to either scratchiness or dryness; it would also explain how the nebulizer seemed to have helped some. At least Ginger is still eating and drinking which is a big plus.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

kamoodle5

Moving in
Well, no assistance is needed with this situation anymore, since it seems no one has the answer anyway. Besides, Ginger has passed away early this morning. Kudos for trying, I guess.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I'm very sorry for your loss

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard