• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Recommendation for Small Bird Pellets

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I have been feeding Goldenfeast small beak pellets now for several months and I must say the ingredients are top notch. Notice corn is not in the list. These pellets even contain ACV and a pro biotic which is what our littles need because they are so susceptible to AGY.

Here is the link if you would like to read the labeled ingredients. I do mix these pellets with the seeds and the pellets are very tiny and easy for the birds to eat them along with the seeds.

Small Beak – Goldn’obles III | Goldenfeast Direct

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
They however don't contain any source of D3, so it will need to be supplemented with unfiltered sunlight several times a week or with a D3 supplement to be complete.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I use the smallest form of Zupreem Naturals. Chirp seems to like them, and he'll actually forage for them. I serve them dry sometimes, or in a foraging dish, but usually they're in a mash with my homemade seed mix and Higgin's Leafy Greens and Herbs.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I have a mix of the smallest Roudybush mini and nibbles. Rupert likes to be able to hold and dunk his pellets so he prefers longer ones (mini or larger), and I'm pretty sure Sherbie just eats the nibbles but it varies.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Many pellets have fillers such as corn. I shy away from them.. Reading labels is important.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
My guys eat mostly fresh veggies and sprouts. Their pellets are available 24/7. With the amount of pellets they eat, I'm not really concerned.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Golden obles are deficient in vitamins. They are not a complete food.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I have been meaning to try these for a while now. I think I might give them a shot, in addition to their Roudybush crumbles. I wonder how many D3 fortified pellets they have to eat in order to meet their full requirement? I hate that corn is everywhere...

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Roudybush has so much corn, that is the reason I stopped feeding it. I am convinced that corn on the cob was how my Murphy came up with AGY. Corn is hard to digest in the first place and full of carbs. The outer kernel is tough and could have remained in the crop longer that necessary causing fungus to grow. This is my theory. Since that time I have not fed corn to my birds in any way, shape or form and my birds remain yeast free so far.