• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Rearranged Tibs’ Cage

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
E7ED9D85-E737-4676-B95A-27A1DEE72BCC.jpeg
I’m open to suggestions and ideas, it’s the first time I’ve really changed up his cage since getting him. I’d like to vary it up quite a bit each time I change it.

I really like the look of this: Large Curly Q Adventure Coil Bird Toy Parrot Perch Cage | Etsy but I'm not sure how well a bird with a long tail might take to it.

Last edited:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't have any experience w/ that perch. Sorry! What about a flat perch, like the polka dot ones? Or a basket toy box?

I saw someone use those wicker laundry baskets & zip tie them onto the cage. I wish I could remember what the link was. It was awhile ago before we lost all my links on the tablet. Tibs cage actually looks big enough for that. Then he can hang out, chew on it or the toys in it.

One similar to this...

Small Natural Willow Laundry Basket by Ashland®

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
I don't have any experience w/ that perch. Sorry! What about a flat perch, like the polka dot ones? Or a basket toy box?

I saw someone use those wicker laundry baskets & zip tie them onto the cage. I wish I could remember what the link was. It was awhile ago before we lost all my links on the tablet. Tibs cage actually looks big enough for that. Then he can hang out, chew on it or the toys in it.

One similar to this...

Small Natural Willow Laundry Basket by Ashland®

Oh! Thank you! That's a great idea! He'd love that, and I could move some of his foot toys into it.
He has two of the flat polka dot perches, one that he sleeps on regularly so I didn't move it. He loves them. The other is on the outside of the cage so he patrol the yard as he sometimes likes to do.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
View attachment 314720
I’m open to suggestions and ideas, it’s the first time I’ve really changed up his cage since getting him. I’d like to vary it up quite a bit each time I change it.

I really like the look of this: Large Curly Q Adventure Coil Bird Toy Parrot Perch Cage | Etsy but I'm not sure how well a bird with a long tail might take to it.
This is a perch that I make and I have used them for over ten years. I have had parrotlets and caiques (short tails). The idea with the perch is to really stretch it out so there is enough space between the rings for the bird to climb in and out not. I think it is the perfect size for Tibs. It has all sorts of play potential but my birds use it for perching. Also if I spray it down my caiques will run back and forth inside to get the water drops on themselves.

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Wow, I love that cage! Do you know the dimensions? Looks like something great for my lorikeets.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
This is a perch that I make and I have used them for over ten years. I have had parrotlets and caiques (short tails). The idea with the perch is to really stretch it out so there is enough space between the rings for the bird to climb in and out not. I think it is the perfect size for Tibs. It has all sorts of play potential but my birds use it for perching. Also if I spray it down my caiques will run back and forth inside to get the water drops on themselves.
That's a great idea! I've been looking at it for a while! Next paycheck I'll pick it up :) Thank you!

@AkasyaEllric - Thank you! I forgot her username.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Looks like a fun set up for Tibs! :fairy2:

Also, @JoJo&Loki recently got the Curly Q too and posted a cute pic in the Marketplace RLS thread. Looks like a fun toy! :)

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I've been looking at that Curly Q also but just haven't got it. It's not like my birds are really in need of anything! However, it is a nic3 completely different item.

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Looks great!
I got the Curly q for my 2 budgies and they both love it for different reasons lol Jo loves climbing and exploring and Loki uses it as a hiding spot, when Jo gets on his nerves :laugh: They’ve both been in it at the same time as well. Not sure how big Tibs is, but I do think I saw Laurie had a couple different sizes, hopefully one will work cuz it is a super fun, cute toy!
This is the pic I posted in the other thread, it was barely 5 seconds after I finished putting it in the cage!

Attachments

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Galahad and Tibs are totally different conures, but he is really infatuated with this swing. This particular one is more small bird sized though. 20190909_192133.jpg

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Looks great!
I got the Curly q for my 2 budgies and they both love it for different reasons lol Jo loves climbing and exploring and Loki uses it as a hiding spot, when Jo gets on his nerves :laugh: They’ve both been in it at the same time as well. Not sure how big Tibs is, but I do think I saw Laurie had a couple different sizes, hopefully one will work cuz it is a super fun, cute toy!
This is the pic I posted in the other thread, it was barely 5 seconds after I finished putting it in the cage!

Tibs is 114g at the moment, I figure I'd get him the Caique sized one because he is supposed to be around 135g at some point. Thank you! Seeing your budgies in there gives me an idea about longer tailed birds using it! I've been on the fence about it for a while. What a cute picture!

Galahad and Tibs are totally different conures, but he is really infatuated with this swing. This particular one is more small bird sized though. View attachment 314846
Conures are still conures :roflmao: any and all suggestions are heard here! That's a super cute swing! I had one a while back when I thought I might get a GCC, ended up giving it to local budgies in need. It's a bit small for Tibs but I'd bet money that wouldn't stop him from playing on it :hilarious:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Was that swing from Sarah @ seriouslynuts?
No, it's just a generic one I got at the bird store. He likes to chew on it obviously, so I should probably do something about that spot. He will hang upside-down on and flap his wings like crazy!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Maybe more platform perches because of the vertical bars. Birds will slide down the bars to the platform perches.