• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Re-homing a Senegal...hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim
Hi Everyone.... I actually made a posting about this is in another section but not getting many responses :( so i thought maybe i should put it here and see. I have an opportunity to get a Senegal. The ad states they have 2 males but i wasn't sure if they could be seperated. I just got off the phone with them and they told me they are in good health, on a pellet diet (which is a good thing as my birds are) and friendly. They are selling them because...they don't have time for them. The birds are not related and have always had their own cages. He tells me they get along for the most part when out together,they have their moments...which assures me they are not bonded ( i think) lol. I forgot to ask if they are banded, but they must have some sort of paperwork if they know they are both males...hmmm. I want to insure their age!!!

Any info about Senegals or questions i should be asking these ppl... would be gratefully appreciated. I do like the quieter parrots such as my Pionus, she has a couple of outbursts in the day but other than that she just likes to chatter :D

Thanx...Kim

Quest

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Judy
I don't have a senegal
but I have a poi, a brownhead.
He is wonderful. He is not
brightly colored like the senegal
but he is lovable as he can be. I think
you would be pleased with a senegal.
Others will be along soon to give more
info I'm sure.

tammie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tammie
A tame senegal is a pleasure to own. Just be sure it is tame, and will step up for you. I'm sure others will reply soon.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I dont have any experience with Senegals just wanted to wish you good luck!

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
I have a male Senegal named Pepper , he is pretty easy going and loves attention but he also keeps his self occupied alot with all his toys, mine does not like any of my other birds so I keep him away from them and give him extra one on one attention away from my other birds , my other 3 get along great , it figues lol

Kimmie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim
I have a male Senegal named Pepper , he is pretty easy going and loves attention but he also keeps his self occupied alot with all his toys, mine does not like any of my other birds so I keep him away from them and give him extra one on one attention away from my other birds , my other 3 get along great , it figues lol

My Bella is like Pepper, she can amuse herself for quite a while...she does of course get alot of mom's attention but when i'm busy she is happy just hanging out on her playtop on her cage and her rope ladder. She is happy when i walk by and give her kisses...very independant but loves her snuggle time as well. Where as my one cockatiel would hang out on your shoulder all day if you let her :huh:

Kimmie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim
I'm going to contact these ppl again probably tomorrow and see if we can go for a visit. I will definately see how these 2 interact with the owners and how friendly they are!!! If they step up and everything for them,that's good. I know they may act funny towards me cause they don't know me.

Thanx for all the advice... much appreciated. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.