• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Re-home Moluccan Cockatoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Try Cockatoo Lovers on Facebook, many experienced Cockatoo people in that group, Join-up and reachout to them, the Moderators are very caring and some are willing to help with rehoming.
The only problem with that group is there are a lot of fake people. They add everyone. And half the population on that group.is from Australia. I had to leave that group because the admins didn't care who were fake or not and amongst other reasons.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
That's sad to hear. How long have you been waiting for a reply now? I'm worried about that happening as well.

I'm not financially secure enough to take care of her if anything happens and I don't have a big enough or safe enough environment to give her the exercise and freedom I want her to have. If I cannot find an owner then I do plan to take care of her to the fullest extent I can, but I know there are many bird lovers who can provide for her better than I. I can barely afford my cat which I also got off somebody who couldn't take care of him. This November was the most hectic month ever between trying to figure out how to handle the cockatoo and find homes for the owner's various other pets. Also, my financial insecurities went through the roof and my savings almost hit the pits because my cat got hit by a car. It's been one sign after another that I need to slow down and re-evaluate my life. I can hardly take care of the responsibilities I already have, sadly.

And thank you for that Facebook group idea. I'll check them out.
Good luck! And if you need any financial help (food and toys) until you find her a new home there will be people on our local page that will help out.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
You can also try Umbrella Cockatoo 101. I know yours is a mollucan but Jeffrey (the owner /admin) thoroughly checks new members out before adding them. He has not allowed 50% of the people who try to join because they were sketchy/false/scammers. I feel that is my favorite FB group because you can trust most of the members on that page (trust they are most likely not scammers, flippers or eager breeders).

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
The only problem with that group is there are a lot of fake people. They add everyone. And half the population on that group.is from Australia. I had to leave that group because the admins didn't care who were fake or not and amongst other reasons.
Oh wow, sorry to hear that. Good to know :o:. I wish there was a group for me and my Cockatoos that i could share with...."Major Mitchell's Cockatoo Lovers
:lol:
@Bokkapooh i noticed that "Umbrella Cockatoo 101" has an Administrator that is also a Administrator on Cockatoo lovers . Thats interesting ... :rolleyes: what do you think about that?
Unfortunately there's always those that spoil it for the ones with good in their heart. Its always wise to research and cross reference in any situation in life, don't you agree! ;)

Last edited:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I can ask a few of the rescues to see if they know anyone in that area. We could do a travel train if necessary. Do you mind if I post on FB for you? Def check anyone who applies.

Gav

Strolling the yard
I will check out those groups that you all have suggested. Thank you for the input.

I can ask a few of the rescues to see if they know anyone in that area. We could do a travel train if necessary. Do you mind if I post on FB for you? Def check anyone who applies.
You may put up a post if you like. Since her previous owner passed away just the other week I may do the same. I've avoided it until now because her owner was a family friend and I didn't want any drama over it because I promised her I would take care of the bird. The rest of her family will probably find out still, but it was mainly her previous owner I didn't want to know about my plans because she was ill and didn't need the extra stress. Plus, the only way I could get her to sell her to me was because she knew me and I promised I would keep her. It pained me to know I was partly lying, but I couldn't let her just get passed down the family line of people who didn't even think to give her at least two perches and a nail trim...

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
If you could PM me information, area, perhaps zip code and a picture?

Gav

Strolling the yard
If you could PM me information, area, perhaps zip code and a picture?
Forgive me, I'm sort of new to this forum... I can't seem to figure out how to directly message you. I'm not finding the option anywhere. Feeling pretty blind...

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Forgive me, I'm sort of new to this forum... I can't seem to figure out how to directly message you. I'm not finding the option anywhere. Feeling pretty blind...
You need to have made at least 25 posts before you can send a message.

Gav

Strolling the yard
You need to have made at least 25 posts before you can send a message.
Well darn, that's silly but makes some sense. I'll have to up my numbers.

@Gav
Try Second Chance Bird Rescue, There in Bend Oregon, but call them anyway they may be able to help you. Here's the link
Second Chance Bird Rescue West Coast | Bend, OR
There's a couple people messaging me about maybe taking her in, but every bit of information is still good to know, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.