• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rat Terrier anyone?

GCChris

Walking the driveway
I'm sure I saw one in someone's sig! Can I find you now? Nooo of course not :wacky:
We have a one year old rat terror err terrier name Chase;

He is a 12lbs of pure energy, but on the whole well behaved. He lives for his flirt pole (raccon 'skin' toy tied part of fishing rod lol) which we depend on to drain his energy outside, and treat dispensing toys. Sometimes he is very whiny and, well, annoying as :dance4:but we love him. Extremely thankful to him for ignoring/slightly fearing the birds :rolleyes:. He is a very sensitive boy too and is easily intimidated or upset despite his terrier bravado. Chase is currently avoiding me because I took him out in the rain yesterday against his will to pee, he is a drama queen...oh and LOUD. Does anyone else have one of these lovely little dogs? Maaaybe that sounds sarcastic but I promise I do love him :heart:. He goes nuts for lure coursing, did it a few times this summer and will hopefully find more opportunities next season. Wish I could do agility with him but I have bad kneecaps that slip and I can't run along with him. Would like to get into scent detection training too, he has a great nose. Really, I just gotta get him into anything, soon, this is a breed that needs a "job". I hate how so many lure coursings only allow sight hounds :(.

oops didn't see Bark Park could a mod move this? thanks!

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.

Matt

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
We only have a Cocker Spaniel here, but I just wanted to say that Chase is so handsome. :heart:

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
I love Rat Terriers...super smart and super clever...he's a handsome chap.:)