• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

R.I.P "Perchie" Ralph and Noisy

Status
Not open for further replies.

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
I'm so sad for your losses. Your video tribute of Ralphie is beautiful...a life full of love.

Bahama's Momma

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Shauna Hill
Oh no :sad2: many of us remember that sweet guy and have heavy hearts right now. I'm so sorry. Many hugs going out to you and the flock!

Raizer

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shiloh
Sandy just rang the distributor of the bad food, the woman she talked to was very concerned about whats going on and she asked us to send in the food for full testing.
As it turns out they now own the company that made it and the company that makes the food that we have always used (still using each brands original recipes and factory's).
She thinks that the problem might be caused by the yeast going bad, as it turns out the bag of food we got is close to 2 years old and she couldn't believe it was still around -she could tell the age because their logo/branding is on a sticker over the top of the company that made it so it was a bag made before they brought the company.

We also got given the ingredient list: Breadcrumbs, Rice flour, Glucose, Yeast, Milk powder.

While the mix we have always fed contains: wheat, rice flour, glucose, corn, fruit, maize, high grade soya protein isolate, non fat dairy solids, honey, calcium and magnesium carbonates, vitamins and minerals.
Notice the lack of yeast?

Will keep you guys up to date with whats going on

Cydney

Real Name
Cydney
I'm glad you got in touch with the distributor. Hopefully they'll be able to do something for you, however insufficient after the loss of Ralph and Noisy.

igors mum

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
doesnt seem like yeast should be in it to begin with should it? that could explain why they were all puffed up in the crop, yeast ferments and creates gasses.at least they are going to test it for you. i would also email them the pics of doug and the others with the swelled up crop so they could see.i know its to late for ralphie and noisy but hopefully it might save someone else from going thru the same thing.

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
This is so horrible. :hug8:

Raizer

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shiloh
doesnt seem like yeast should be in it to begin with should it? that could explain why they were all puffed up in the crop, yeast ferments and creates gasses.at least they are going to test it for you. i would also email them the pics of doug and the others with the swelled up crop so they could see.i know its to late for ralphie and noisy but hopefully it might save someone else from going thru the same thing.
I thought the same thing about the yeast too!
And also the milk powder doesn't sound right to me either?

I actually printed the photos of Ollie and Doug and have posted them with the food.

I also have to find out tomorrow if this was definitely the bag the rep had brought in or if it was from somewhere else as the company said our petshop has never brought it from them at all which is a little confusing.
But I think it might have been about the same time we got a lot of stock in from the boss getting bargains at the annual pet trade conference thing that he went to.

Ranyart

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pennie
I just now saw this - My condolences on your loss of cute little Ralphie and Noisy. I hope you can get to the bottom of this before somebirdie else is harmed. Fly free Ralph and Noisy ! :hug8:

senorabarb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
I'm very sorry about Noisy and Perchie Ralph. I remember Perchie Ralph from his very first days. It's so sad. I hope you can narrow down the problem.

Fly with the angels, little ones.

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Shiloh, I'm so very sorry for the loss of both birds. I could certainly never forget Perch Ralphie and how his adorable pictures brightened up many a day. What a fighter, what an extraordinary personality. Fly free, Ralph and Noisy.

:hug8:

ellimaye

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ellie
I don't know why I didn't see this thread before! loved that little guy. I remember watching him grow thanks to your care. This makes me so very sad. I am so sorry. Blessings to you and PR and Noisy!:hug8:

Cat

Moving in
Real Name
Cathy
I'm so sorry for your losses. Wings high PR and Noisy.

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
O no I am so sorry.

WonderMomma

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jenn
i'm so sorry to hear about this... yes, i remember his story, in fact it was one of a few that always stuck with me when i was mia from the perch and then here. fly free little perchie ralph. we'll miss your wonderful little spirit!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
So sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.