• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

R.I.P little budgie :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I am so sorry for your loss:-(

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I'm sorry for your loss

Taz93

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Thanks so much guys for all your kind words.

Here a some photos (not the best), the female is the purple one.

DSCF1664-1.jpg
DSCF1675-2.jpg

these photos below were taken last night before he passed away. He didn't even have enough energy to bite.

DSCF3123-3.jpg
DSCF3125-4.jpg

Can someone please confirm that he was a male, when i first got him his cere was bright blue but it changed to more of a light pinkish brown with a bit of blue around the nostrils.

moonchild

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
RIP little one. :(

To me it looks like a female...was the cere DEEP blue, or whitish blue before the change? If it was whitish blue, then I'd say female. But if it was deep blue then it could very well be a male that died of testicular cancer. From what I've read it can cause the cere to turn brown.

Dana Lee

Real Name
Dana
I'm sorry for your loss :sadhug2:

Taz93

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
RIP little one. :(

To me it looks like a female...was the cere DEEP blue, or whitish blue before the change? If it was whitish blue, then I'd say female. But if it was deep blue then it could very well be a male that died of testicular cancer. From what I've read it can cause the cere to turn brown.
Honestly i cant really remember, the cere changed colour within the first few months of owning him and has been like that ever since. I did some research a while ago about sexing budgies and i remember reading somewhere that the ones that have alot of white pigment will be harder to sex because their ceres dont go blue like normal males, they go a light pinkish colour which led me to believe he was a male. Ive dug up an old photo that was taken around when i first got them, it shows the cere before it changed.

Budgies.jpg

The females beak went crusty like i knew it would but the other ones beak never did that, plus she was very bossy towards him and he had more of a song like call wheras she just went crazy with her calls lol this also lead me to believe he was a boy. Idk. They did everything together tho, cuddled, ate, preened, drank.

Do their eye colour have anything to do with sexing? because her eyes have white around the black but his were just fully black? as u can see in the photo.

Also does anyone have an idea what mutation he may have been? i was thinking recessive pied?

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I am very sorry for your loss.

HelenVanessaDavies