• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Quick Question - Conure Molting

lil_lady_m

Moving in
Real Name
Serenity
Greetings,

I have a one year old conure and have had lots of parrots in the past. In the past couple of days, I have noticed her molting several of her tail feathers which ordinarily I would not think twice about, but these are mint condition and pristine feathers. It is not the old worn out feathers you would expect to see during molting, although maybe I am simply being over sensitive. If a conure is well fed and dieted, and bathes often to point feathers are always in immaculate condition, should I be concerned if these feathers are being molted now? I understand process of molting takes about 2-Months and they can become rather irritable. How long into molting does it take to affect mood? As I mentioned this has been for about a week and lots of white fluff feathers, but no changes in mood other than being more cuddily than normal.

Thank you very much!

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I think it's normal, unless you see him removing them.
My girls feathers are nearly perfect when they molt . An excellent diet and good health makes beautiful feathers :)