• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Question

Dani29

Moving in
My cockatiel was fine and then fell of her perch. She went flat of the ground and had her wings slightly out and then her mouth open. what would cause this? She passed away and I miss her so much

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I'm so very sorry.:( Big, big hugs.
:sadhug2:

MeinRabe

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kay
I'm so sorry. It could have been many things, anywhere from a seizure to a stroke. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dani29

Moving in
Warning: Graphic Video

what about the cockatiel in this video? is this a seizure? I am just trying to figure out what happened

Last edited by a moderator:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
From your description it sounds like a stroke or heart attack but without a necropsy there is no way to know. If it was a severe enough seizure that could also have done it.

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
@Dani29 - you should probably put a warning on that video post as it may be upsetting to some.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm very sorry for your loss.

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I'm very sorry for your loss; it's so hard to lose a beloved companion. Remember that you gave her a great life, and that whatever caused her death was likely completely unpreventable and untreatable.

There's no way anyone here can diagnose your bird's cause of death based on your description and an unrelated YouTube video.

Birds hide their illness, and by the time something like this happens, it's already too late.

Please remember the good times, and channel that into positive action, whether it's caring for your other birds (if you have them), or other areas of your life.

I think this video may help you, too:

Last edited: