• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question about adopting an African Gray.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:hug8:Waiting to see how the first meeting went:hug8:

Mellie

Moving in
Real Name
Melissa Melton
Good morning.. The meeting went really well... He flew to me. :)However my husband, my friend and I decided I was not the right fit.. :( She is going to continue to look for someone that works from home or is home all day... I think if he was in a bad home or was use to being in a cage during the day then it would be a different situation.

I am still really glad I found this forum.. My resurch has lead me here.. I have learned a lot.
I don't think I mentioned this before but my daughter was given a little budgie and he is such a cutie.. I have gotten a lot advice to share with my daughter.. This is really a great place and thank you everyone for all your help... I will see you guys around just maybe not on the gray posts at least for now. :hug8:

Jaguar

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
Sorry it didn't work out, but sometimes it's for the best.

If you're still interested in welcoming a parrot to your life, keep track of any local classifieds or get in touch with some rescues. Maybe you can find two buddies whom can keep each other busy while you're away. :D