• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Quaking Canopy review from someone with cantankerous skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

impala400

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Yvonne
I started to have trouble with eczema (normally only on my hands) about 9 years ago and have really had trouble with it in the past 3 years. Soaps, detergents, and stress are major irritants so I'm always switching up lotions, soaps, etc. I use non scented laundry soap and have to use gloves to clean. Even Poop-off sets it off.:rolleyes: As a result I was eager to try Amanda's products.

I got the free samples around the beginning of June. My husband picked me up from the train station one day and he had this package prominently displayed on the dashboard. He looks at me accusingly and I go "What is that? I swear I didn't order anything.:hehe:" "Well, it's got YOUR name on it."
I look at it, see the return address, get really excited and say "It's my free soap samples!" Crisis averted.:rolleyes: I started using them that night and couldn't be more pleased.

First impression: I LOVE the smells! I found the soap to be moisturizing and long lasting. I usually hate bar soaps due to the way they never seem to completely rinse off. Not a problem here at all. The first scent was Fruit Fields at Midnight which I wasn't sure of at first but grew on me. Nice light scent. Next, was May Flowers. Not a big fan. My husband, in particular didn't like it. Last, was Cinnamon Apple Pie which I loved. I think I like fruit and spice smells. The lotion was Raspberry Plum Vanilla which is by far my favorite scent. I absolutely love the smell of fresh raspberries which is what this smells like. I love the lotion formula and I am very picky about lotions. It soaks in quickly and leaves my skin feeling soft for hours without feeling greasy. The smell also lasts a while so I'm constantly smelling my skin.:hehe: A little goes a long way which is another plus.

Long term impressions: Although I've ordered and received full bars, I've only used my samples. I'm currently trying to use up some body wash as I hate to waste stuff.:rolleyes: I'm still using the lotion. I've noticed that my skin feels much less dry and, most importantly, my eczema is improving!:dance4::dance4::dancing::dancing::dance5::dance5: After my free soap samples had run out, I had went back to the body wash I had been using and I immediately started having problems. I'm letting my husband finish up that bottle. The lotion is very soothing to those spots that are cracked, dry, and painful and helps to lessen the breakouts. My skin on my hands is looking much healthier and is healing nicely. I can't wait to be able to use Amanda's products exclusively. My husband is also a fan because of the pleasant scents and because everything is all natural. One of his first questions when I got the samples was to ask if there was liquid hand soap. Now, of course, there is!

Review of scents I have:

Raspberry Plum Vanilla - My favorite...I love smelling like a raspberry.

Cinnamon Apple Pie - My next favorite - I like the cinnamon and apple combination.

Bamboo Vanilla Sugar Cane - Really like this one. It reminds me of chamomile tea for some reason.

Coconut Lime Verbena - Also like this one. Not super strong but I can't really come up with a way to describe this.

Grapefruit Mint - Exactly what it says. To me, it is mainly mint with a hint of grapefruit. I like the smell.

Mango Papaya - Smells fruity and sweet. To me, one of the stronger smelling ones and not as much of a favorite.

Orange Cucumber Melon - Another one I'm having trouble describing. I kinda get a fresh hay smell.:confused: Not a strong scent.

In conclusion, I love Amanda's products and will definitely be ordering more. I want to try the body washes, hand soaps, and shaving soaps. Those of you with more sensitive skin should definitely try this as they've been a help to me.

Amanda, I think you need a testimonial page on your website.:D Your products are wonderful.:heart:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Great review!! I'm glad the QC products are helping your skin!

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Loved reading your review. Thank you! I'm going to try the Raspberry Plum Vanilla.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
awesome review!!:D I'm planning on ordering some stuff from her soon too!:hug8:

quakingcanopy

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
:heart::heart::heart:Thank you for the review. Your details are helpful and much appreciated!! A reviews page...hmmmm....guess I better get that up and running!!

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Thanks for the review. I should really give some of these products a try. I have rosacea and have a very hard time finding things I can use

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Our youngest daughter suffers with eczema as well...hands and feet.
So the scented soaps are actually improving your eczema?
Interesting! I will get more with my next order and pass it along to our daughter.
She has never found a soap product that is non-irritating.
Thanks for the informative review! Fun to read.

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
I, too, have problem skin & love Amanda's soaps & lotion. Haven't tried the body wash...yet. Just wanted to add that this is the only soap I have found that I can use on my face! (In the past I have been able to use Nutragena 2 or 3 times a week, but not every day.) Missed out on the FB sale...disorganized, as usual...but will be ordering more when my current supply runs out :)

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
For many people it is the preservatives and artificial fragrances that trigger skin problems. Commercial soaps also have surfactants and glicerine/alcohol complexes that are drying on skin. All natural soaps are usually very soothing because they use natural fats and not glicerated fats. So glad you found something that helps.

impala400

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Yvonne
Thanks for the review. I should really give some of these products a try. I have rosacea and have a very hard time finding things I can use

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
I'd definitely give it a try. The products are very reasonably priced which, for me, was a major factor. All-natural products tend to be expensive and that was always a deterrant for me.

Our youngest daughter suffers with eczema as well...hands and feet.
So the scented soaps are actually improving your eczema?
Interesting! I will get more with my next order and pass it along to our daughter.
She has never found a soap product that is non-irritating.
Thanks for the informative review! Fun to read.
I think what makes a difference is that the scents are natural instead of chemical. To me, the products smell "real" instead of processed and chemically :)hehe: I don't think that's a word but oh well). She also sells unscented bars which could be an option. I have to admit I was a tad skeptical since the older I get, the more things seem to set the eczema off. I still have a medicated cream that I use for outbreaks but I'm having to use it less and less and there have been longer spaces of time between outbreaks. I've also noticed less eczema "blisters." Before, about 8 out of 10 fingers would have 4 or 5 little blisters a piece. Now I have none on my fingers:dance4: and a small healing patch on my palm. I use my cream to get the blisters down and then just use the QC lotion as the skin heals. The result is that I'm using the cream 2 or 3 days for each breakout instead of a week or longer which makes me extremely happy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.