• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Quaker cage surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzymum

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Elaine
My little quaker Sweet Pea is an escape artist, but only escapes to share a cage. She left her cage to go into my parrotlet's cage. She just sat there quietly while Mochie held on the side of the cage, but when I removed Sweet Pea, Mochie protested that I took her friend out.

Now Sweet Pea has taken up residence with my Jenday conure, Casey. I have seen quaker/conure combos quite a bit and so far so good. I just think Sweet Pea is lonely and wants company. She never needed it before, but since the ordeal, she is wanting cage company, plus she is extra cuddly with me.

I watching them closely to make sure they are compatible. Casey is a friendly conure and always had a cage mate until she died almost a year ago so maybe this friendship will work.

gayla

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gayla
I was talking to Julie at TGF about a possible friend for Pita, and she told me to get a Quaker, because Quakers & Conures get along well. So maybe they'll become BFF's

Post some pictures or a video please. :)

Merlin

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Natalie
Yoshi our Quaker's best friend in the world was Yoda the Sun Conure :] they do make great combos- Yoshi had the right punk attitude to stand up to Yoda's clumsy, awkward 'loving' style. Good luck! It's so lovely to see them bond :D

Status
Not open for further replies.