• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

PVC gym ideas?

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Hi all!

I'm working on making a room in the upstairs of my house safe for Chirp to fly in during the warmer months (because it gets cold as heck up there in the Chicago winters). He's only going to be up there with my supervision, and his main cage is in my room, downstairs.

Currently, I have one of these Amazon.com : Prevue Pet Products Small Parrot Playstand 3181 Black Hammertone, 17.625-Inch by 16-1/2-Inch by 59-Inch : Bird Perches : Pet Supplies and I made a playstand like in this thread DIY PVC Pipe Playgym Tutorial (Pics Included) | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum but I halved all the measurements.

So I'm looking for ideas! I want things that can stand on the floor or on a table, I can't drill holes in the ceiling.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
If you want to use something that hangs, but you can not make holes, you could try buying something similar to this, and then hang things from it with stainless steel chain and quick links: Target : Expect More. Pay Less. .

Fritzgerald16

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
If you want to use something that hangs, but you can not make holes, you could try buying something similar to this, and then hang things from it with stainless steel chain and quick links: Target : Expect More. Pay Less. .
Genius. I also can't drill holes in my plaster ceilings, so I've been looking at hanging things possibly from the ceiling vent grates but am afraid my 1300g fatty might pull the screws out of the plaster! Problem solved! And it's on wheels!

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
That's so neat! I would've never thought of that. They have it on amazon too, and I do have prime 2 day shipping... :sneaky:
I have this http://amzn.to/2xJLC7x and this http://amzn.to/2k3KTJ0 and this Shopping - Products by MY SAFE BIRD STORE

I have no ideas for pvc but there are tons on pinterest. I see several I want! LOL
I don't like the wooden type ones (just a personal preference) but I've had my eye on the plastic one for a while.

I'm glad my dad was a plumber for all those years, he knows how to work pvc pipe in ways I'd never think of! I saw one where it was a frame that went over a cage, so it takes up next to 0 room! Pinterest is a very dangerous place, too many ideas!!:lol::thinking::shop2:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
great thought! I have a garment rack in the basement that isn't being used. I think it's plastic so I wouldn't freak if the bird got to the stand itself.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
So I've been working on Upstairs, to try and make it more "Bird-friendly". I moved almost all of the furniture to make the room feel more open, and I'm gonna be getting some heavy-duty 3m hooks to hang some smaller things like boings and swings. We'll be getting some pvc and fittings as well, and I showed my dad this- Spherical Swing | A Bird's Best Life And he said that we could make it (he's far handier than I am!)

He has a small cage up there for if I need to run downstairs for something, he's never in it for more than maybe half an hour. I'm also thinking of moving his scarf hangers upstairs, although since they were only 5 dollars I might just buy another set. I still have my eye on that clothes rack, and I'm constantly trying to come up with ideas.

Progress is being made!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Yay! And I'm so glad your dad helps you out with these things. That's really cool.

lyx

Sprinting down the street
So I've been working on Upstairs, to try and make it more "Bird-friendly". I moved almost all of the furniture to make the room feel more open, and I'm gonna be getting some heavy-duty 3m hooks to hang some smaller things like boings and swings. We'll be getting some pvc and fittings as well, and I showed my dad this- Spherical Swing | A Bird's Best Life And he said that we could make it (he's far handier than I am!)

He has a small cage up there for if I need to run downstairs for something, he's never in it for more than maybe half an hour. I'm also thinking of moving his scarf hangers upstairs, although since they were only 5 dollars I might just buy another set. I still have my eye on that clothes rack, and I'm constantly trying to come up with ideas.

Progress is being made!
Thats so cool your dad could make something like that for you! How sweet of him. You'll have to show us!