• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Purple-ish spots on my zebra finch's feet

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
It may be a tiny bruise. This is my first guess especially since you haven't noticed before. Should heal up fine.

How often do you provide bathing opportunities? If he has a dish to splash in, he will be able to clean mishaps without your help. As you likely know we want to handle finches minimally. Even gentle cleaning from us can cause bruising on an 12g bird.

If you bird is afraid of bathing sometimes putting lettuce in the bowl help encourage them :)

Johnny99

Strolling the yard
It may be a tiny bruise. This is my first guess especially since you haven't noticed before. Should heal up fine.

How often do you provide bathing opportunities? If he has a dish to splash in, he will be able to clean mishaps without your help. As you likely know we want to handle finches minimally. Even gentle cleaning from us can cause bruising on an 12g bird.

If you bird is afraid of bathing sometimes putting lettuce in the bowl help encourage them :)
I give him a shallow dish with water once every day to bathe in, just wasn't sure it would come off just like that so I put a bit of water on that spot and gently tried to wipe it off with the bottom of my finger.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I would simply keep an eye on it. I imagine it will heal just fine. :)