• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Puppy comes home Tuesday!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
I just found out that the puppy is definitely coming home with us Tuesday night! Oh boy I have a lot to get done :D

And I still don't have a name!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Woo hoo!!!! That is so awesome. Even though it's not always a good ideas for pets to go to their homes right before the holidays, to knowledgable homes that know what they are doing I think it can be a fabulous thing. I am so excited that the pup is coming home. Is it a male or a female?

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Woo hoo!!!! That is so awesome. Even though it's not always a good ideas for pets to go to their homes right before the holidays, to knowledgable homes that know what they are doing I think it can be a fabulous thing. I am so excited that the pup is coming home. Is it a male or a female?
They don't normally do this, but I'm a sheltie club member and I know them all personally so they know this isn't a rash decision based on the holidays. I actually had planned on bringing him home in January, so this is a total shock. A happy shock though!

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Oh and it's a boy! My personal experience is that female shelties are a bit more neurotic and harder to train. Just my experience though but I'd like to stay with what I know the best :)

Ede-bird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Maureen
Congratulations! Is this the pup that is going to be doing agility? Best sport ever!!:)

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
They don't normally do this, but I'm a sheltie club member and I know them all personally so they know this isn't a rash decision based on the holidays. I actually had planned on bringing him home in January, so this is a total shock. A happy shock though!

I remember you saying that and I am glad you were able to get him rather than pine for him over the holidays:p

I LOVE boy dogs best. What kinds of names do you like? Do you like only one syllable herding dog names or are you open? Naming dogs (well, all animals) is my most favorite thing in the whole world!!!!

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Ede-bird said:
Congratulations! Is this the pup that is going to be doing agility? Best sport ever!!:)
Yep he's gonna start puppy class asap:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
BraveheartDogs said:

I remember you saying that and I am glad you were able to get him rather than pine for him over the holidays:p

I LOVE boy dogs best. What kinds of names do you like? Do you like only one syllable herding dog names or are you open? Naming dogs (well, all animals) is my most favorite thing in the whole world!!!!
I'm looking for a fast name. Trax's name is "makin' trax" and so a phrase with a name nested in there would be great! Any ideas?

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I'm looking for a fast name. Trax's name is "makin' trax" and so a phrase with a name nested in there would be great! Any ideas?

My poms (who I got with the plan to do agility with) is called Sonic, and his registered name is Gemini's High Speed Hedgehog:D

Hmmmm, fast names......Blur, Laser, Rocket (I know, been done), Fly (been done, but a great name still), Buzz, Tag, Bullet, Jam:)

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
BraveheartDogs said:

My poms (who I got with the plan to do agility with) is called Sonic, and his registered name is Gemini's High Speed Hedgehog:D

Hmmmm, fast names......Blur, Laser, Rocket (I know, been done), Fly (been done, but a great name still), Buzz, Tag, Bullet, Jam:)
We actually discussed bullet and of course he'd have to be called faster than a speeding bullet ;)

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
I also liked "maximum damage" and call him max

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I also liked "maximum damage" and call him max

I like Bullet just because I know so many Max's but also Max is very close to Trax, which might be ok with you, but I think would be hard for me. How about Hurricane? You could call him Cane or you could name him after a hurricane or you could call him Twister. Taz (for Tasmanian Devil) might be good too:)

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Taz is cute. You are going to have a house full of newbies now. How exciting

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Ok, how about something with Nitrous in the name and we could call him "NOS" for short? But I need a phrase other than just Nitrous Oxide for his name. Ugh I hate having to do this on such short notice!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Hmm, Nos would be cute. He'll be the Loch "Nos" Monster shortly. :p

I'm jealous of you! I loved having a sheltie. My girl was very shy but she was good in obedience.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
congratulations!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.