• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pulmonary Hypertensive Syndrome - Revisited

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
I would not be heartbroken or upset at all I would gladly rehome if it garanteed the saftey of my flock.

Of course the bird I rehome would go into a loving home and would be greatly taken care off.

Or are you saying this because you can't find a good home and inregard will treat your rehome badly?
It's not for me I only own one bird a ringneck.

Aoi♡

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elise
The only at home great prevention I can think of is to have the dusty bird in an outside aviary away from the home but not to close with air filters running of course.

This may not be a 100% safety garantee though.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Nope I'm just putting myself in the persons shoes who is being told to rehome one of her birds. I understand this disease that is fatal and an wondering if there is another way other than having to rehome one of thier birds. I would be heart broken.
Understandably so. Many of us that have been members of this forum for a long time have read the heart wrenching posts from members whose bird has died suddenly because they were unaware and feel they are to blame. It breaks all our hearts when something like this happens. We feel the pain and heartache with them. I feel an obligation to always speak up, to save a bird, to save someone that pain and heartache and guilt.

Mantis64

The only at home great prevention I can think of is to have the dusty bird in an outside aviary away from the home but not to close with air filters running of course.

This may not be a 100% safety garantee though.
The person this thread was created for hasn't been online since Wednesday.

Reactions: Ali

Mantis64

Understandably so. Many of us that have been members of this forum for a long time have read the heart wrenching posts from members whose bird has died suddenly because they were unaware and feel they are to blame. It breaks all our hearts when something like this happens. We feel the pain and heartache with them. I feel an obligation to always speak up, to save a bird, to save someone that pain and heartache and guilt.
I understand what you mean.

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I know if I was bombarded with information and told to rehome on of my birds or my macaw would die I'd be frightened to.
I don't quite understand this. Bombarded with information? That kind of puts down the people on this forum, in this thread, who go out of their way to explain and help. The message isn't always what someone wants to hear but it's usually information that needs to be said. The message may save a birds life.

Mantis64

I don't quite understand this. Bombarded with information? That kind of puts down the people on this forum, in this thread, who go out of their way to explain and help. The message isn't always what someone wants to hear but it's usually information that needs to be said. The message may save a birds life.
Well if I just joined this site and if I was given all that information I really wouldn't understand it and be quite confused. I'm not trying to put anyone down mabye just make it easier for the person who just joined to understand. And why do I feel like I'm being targeted.

Also can I just repeat myself and say this person that needs to rehome one of thier birds hasn't been active since Wednesday so haven seen any if this info yet anyway

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well if I just joined this site and if I was given all that information I really wouldn't understand it and be quite confused. I'm not trying to put anyone down mabye just make it easier for the person who just joined to understand. And why do I feel like I'm being targeted.
I'm sorry, I wasn't targeting you, I was responding to your post.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Well if I just joined this site and if I was given all that information I really wouldn't understand it and be quite confused.
I know what you mean. We try to help but we all get in there and give them tons of help, it's like overkill. Some people get scared.

Plus we were arguing - not a good thing for a newbie to see.

Anyway Mantis, I don't want you to leave. Of course you shouldn't leave. I have 3 people on ignore, and probably lots more have me on ignore. As you are here longer you will probably use the ignore feature. It doesn't matter; we can't be liked by everyone.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
@Mantis64 with so many members of all ages, morals and values, someone's panties are always in a knot.
Don't stress the small stuff, just let the mods know you were targeted.
I myself think you're a fine owner, a bit obsessed and worry overmuch, but doing just fine.

As for scaring off a new member, it happens all the time. Or they post once and just never come back..
That also is the way of a forum.

Parrot owners need a thick skin to a degree. There is always an opinion different than your own.
What I take with a grain of salt, another may have a nervous breakdown over.

You really need to step back if you think someone's been mean.
Most of the time the person isn't worth the worry, or their words may have come off wrong.
Most of the long time owners here will let you know if they think you're doing something wrong.
It can hurt feelings. It's not meant too, it's meant to make you understand what could happen.

We see many come here with a new bird all excited and raving.
A year later, or maybe two, that bird is being rehomed, or injured from an easily preventable accident. :(

One more note, most of us pushing safety, have had, or have seen accidents in the past.
We've learned the hard way, and saw how the birds suffered.
We will do all we can to help save the next bird.

Mantis64

@Mantis64 with so many members of all ages, morals and values, someone's panties are always in a knot.
Don't stress the small stuff, just let the mods know you were targeted.
I myself think you're a fine owner, a bit obsessed and worry overmuch, but doing just fine.

As for scaring off a new member, it happens all the time. Or they post once and just never come back..
That also is the way of a forum.

Parrot owners need a thick skin to a degree. There is always an opinion different than your own.
What I take with a grain of salt, another may have a nervous breakdown over.

You really need to step back if you think someone's been mean.
Most of the time the person isn't worth the worry, or their words may have come off wrong.
Most of the long time owners here will let you know if they think you're doing something wrong.
It can hurt feelings. It's not meant too, it's meant to make you understand what could happen.

We see many come here with a new bird all excited and raving.
A year later, or maybe two, that bird is being rehomed, or injured from an easily preventable accident. :(

One more note, most of us pushing safety, have had, or have seen accidents in the past.
We've learned the hard way, and saw how the birds suffered.
We will do all we can to help save the next bird.
Thankyou

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
And another thing I'll mention.
On any thread, not just this one.
When long term owners, opinionated and educated owners, with differing ideas and personalities, get on a thread together, there are fireworks. Always!
Usually all the members involved are correct. All know what they're talking about. Oftentimes the difference in opinions are minuscule.
But the thread just explodes!
Minor new members get dragged in and tossed around.
It becomes a free for all. Everyone shouting to be heard.
IMO it's an amusing way to spend the afternoon. ;)
And you will learn some things too!

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I like all the members fighting, so I just sit it out.
It calms down and life goes on.
But, I do come from a different time it seems.
I remember being told if the dog bit me while he's eating, I'd get a spanking for bothering him! :laugh:

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Hey, it's 12.40am on my side of the pond and I'm just like :popcorn2: Dunno if my new meds are giving me insomnia or you guys :laughing2:
I'll usually just ignore the thread, then once a few weeks have gone by, I go back and see how it played out, and if anyone left :popcorn2: