• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Puberty maybe?

Momma_bird

Moving in
Real Name
Elizabeth
Ok so I need your help guys! I have a 2 yr old sun conure, named Sunny. He is (or she) a wonderful, cuddly, and playful feathered child. Lately yesterday and today (1/6/15-1/7/15) he hasn't been so attached to me as he's always been and is now obsessed with his papa, my husband Blake.
And I know these birds sometimes go through phases of favorite persons, but his favorite come with a price.
So Blake will be scratching his head, petting, and so on... And then outta know where Sunny attacks his fingers with a high pitched sound, not a squack. And he kept doing this every so often to him. Any ideas on his behavior and why he's obsessed with Blake and yet attacking him?
Thanks in advance :coffeescreen:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Sorry, Sometimes they do completely change there preferred person but don't know why he's biting. Guess he's not happy wth something your husband is doing so he has to try to read him better.

Hope you get some advice

Momma_bird

Moving in
Real Name
Elizabeth
....and also he'll suddenly bite when Blake isn't doing anything...

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
....and also he'll suddenly bite when Blake isn't doing anything...
Maybe it seems he isn't doing nothing But even the subtle movement means something.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Or maybe he's attacking because Blake isn't doing anything! i.e. maybe he's bored and needs something to do?

Got any foot toys or other things that Sunny can play with while he's out? Or maybe teaching him tricks?

Momma_bird

Moving in
Real Name
Elizabeth
I think it was a phase he was going through because now he's back to his normal self, attached to me. :heart: