• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Proud owner of a Cockatiel

Sophie

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mary
hello all, Yesterday was the best day of my life. I have been waiting and waiting to be able to adopt a Cockatiel. I adopted Sophie. Her owner didn't have the time for her so she felt that sophie wasnt happy .. When I first met Sophie I immediatly fell in love, I think she did too because she came up to me and was loving on me and the lady was surprised because sophie has never done that to anyone she's :D just met.. Made me feel really special.. She does have a deformaty which I have never seen before.. She was born with no claws but that doesn't stop her from getting around.. She is also a he, the lady told me that since Sophie was born they were wanting a female so bad that well for most of sophies life was called a she. I am so happy because I just absolutly :roflmao: love her..

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing pics of Sophie. I have a rehomed tiel named Sunny. He is a complete joy. I think somehow tiels know when they've found their "right" person. Sounds like Sophie has found his. Wishing you and Sophie much happiness together!

Sophie

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mary
I can't wait to post pictures of Sophie. For some reason it doesn't allow me to from my phone.. But when I get on my computer I will have some photos up..

Thanks sunny, I am a strong beleiver when birds choose who they want as their 'person" I am happy Sophie ;) chose me..

Last edited:

ConureTiel

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Welcome! Cockatiels are wonderful birds. I am new here, too - you have found a great "neighborhood."

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Welcome to AA and the wonder of owning birds! :congrats5:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Oh I cannot wait to see photos of Sophie. Sounds like a match made in heaven. :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome and enjoy the site!

Matt

Sophie

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mary
Thanks Matt,
I am feeling very welcome here so I believe this is my nesting spot.. :lol: I love having access to tons of information and being connected to other Bird Lovers.. :heart:

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Welcome Mary.. :smileflower: I loved reading Sophie's story.. I immediately feel in love with my 2 tiels as well.. :D

Katster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
:heart2: What a cutie.

Welcome