• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Progress with my budgies

Rimo

Moving in
My budgies have been slowly getting accustomed to me, and after flying away for a couple of times they've come to ,somehow, trust me more than they did before trying to make a run for it. They eat out of my hands and consistently get onto it to eat, they don't get spooked if i put a finger in the cage, instead, they start to nibble on my finger and jumping on it (this is after bribing them a couple of times with food).
Overall in the span of 3 days they've come from refusing to get close to my hands to jumping on it no problem. I am so happy about this:yahoo: but there's a lot more bribing to gain their trust left to do!
:sad2: So sorry for the lq pics but they're screenshots from a video
Immagine 2023-08-01 205524.png Immagine 2023-08-01 205607.png

haze

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sam
Wow this is so impressive!! I've had my budgie for nearly 3 years and this past weekend she stepped up onto my finger for the first time ever! :D You are making awesome progress with these little guys! Keep it up!

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
That first time they trust you is very special :loveshower:
Well done! :heart:

S.H

Sitting on the front steps
Wow this is so impressive!! I've had my budgie for nearly 3 years and this past weekend she stepped up onto my finger for the first time ever! :D You are making awesome progress with these little guys! Keep it up!
I am 3 years in and the best effort I made is that I can get very close to them when they are outside and they will chirp to me but God forbid I show them fingers. One day maybe. :sad4:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Amazing progress! Keep up the great work - no rush, just let them do their thing, sounds like wonderful progress in that short time!

avian2023

Strolling the yard
very nice.. i had similar experience.. after close to one year.. my budgies preen my face and hair and they let me kiss them and in turn they kiss some times..