• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Product question, about cages

Status
Not open for further replies.

evsrin

Rollerblading along the road
As some of you know, I just bought Marley a new cage, it is HUGE and I LOVE it. However, I'm really dissappointed then in my searches I can't find anything I consider to be HUGE that has suitable bar spacing for Conures. I would so love to give Echo a massive cage. I don't think Tiki would use a bigger one, but Echo sure would.

The only one I know would work is the A&E house style one with the divider... I think it looks ok, but it seems like there just are not other options. I LOVE Marley's new corner cage and I wish it came with smaller bar spacing.

P.S.- I'm not interested in going custom... my pockets are not that deep:pAll I can afford is really standard powdercoat. Well, we could make our own, which my Husband has done before, but then it just doesn't look the same as my other powdercoated ones. :cool:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Erin HQ has many cages that would work for you. Conures could go with 5/8 or 3/4" bar spacing. I just ordered an HQ for Tequila and it has 3/4" bar spacing.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
King's makes one cage that's pretty ENORMOUS with 5/8" bar spacing. I think it's called the 406 or the 408?

evsrin

King's makes one cage that's pretty ENORMOUS with 5/8" bar spacing. I think it's called the 406 or the 408?
Wow, yeah that is big, I just don't like that style though:cool: And not only that, but it's $700! :eek: Marley's cage was only about $500:D

evsrin

Erin HQ has many cages that would work for you. Conures could go with 5/8 or 3/4" bar spacing. I just ordered an HQ for Tequila and it has 3/4" bar spacing.
I'm looking right now!

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Wow, yeah that is big, I just don't like that style though:cool: And not only that, but it's $700! :eek: Marley's cage was only about $500:D
What style are you looking for? :)

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
I have the AE double flight with the divider removed for my budgies...I think it would make a conure haven! It's over 5 ft wide, which I LOVE. My big problem with larger cages is that they are so tall and my birds don't use all of the middle space. The flight style maximizes their cage usage.

evsrin

I have the AE double flight with the divider removed for my budgies...I think it would make a conure haven! It's over 5 ft wide, which I LOVE. My big problem with larger cages is that they are so tall and my birds don't use all of the middle space. The flight style maximizes their cage usage.
Each of my 2 conures are in an A&E single flight cage. I do think it's big, and if they got along I'd totally do a double flight, but I don't have room for 2 of them, lol. Just knowing Echo, my Sun, he would totally use every inche I could give him in a cage. I just get so much joy watching them fly around in their cages, I don't know why but I really do love them having big cages... some people are totally okay with small cages and their birds get alot of out of cage time, but for me now that I've seen how much fun and exercise is possible in a HUGE cage, I only want big cages from now on:D

Jazzysmama

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I have had the same issue, trying to find a very large cage with small enough bar spacing for my conure. The best deal I could find at the time was through Petco, the cage company is called, "Marvelous" brand. My cage is huge, the Xtra Large, and the bar spacing is approx. a half inch. The front door on it is very large, I can actually get my body in the door to clean the cage. My conure has lots of room, I was shocked when I got it assembled and saw how large it truly was. The prices have gone up on them, but they are still reasonable considering some cages out there. It requires no tools to put together, you can pick out the color combo you prefer and the shipping was really fast. My only complaint was that their ordering dept. is based over seas, but I've never had any trouble though. I love the Marvelous brand cages.:dance4:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I have the Kings 406 in 5/8 bar spacing. It was not cheap but it was well worth it!

evsrin

I have the Kings 406 in 5/8 bar spacing. It was not cheap but it was well worth it!
I just like flat tops for some reason.:) Hopefully one day I will be able to get Echo a huge one. Do your 2 sleep together in the king's cage?

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
yes they do. All I had before was flat tops and I was concerned about how to hang toys in there with that type of top. I bought a bunch of the toys hangers from Grey Feather toys and that works well. There favorite place is the front porch that folds down

Status
Not open for further replies.