• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Problem of sneezing (coughing)

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Hello,
My bird seems to cough often, so I went to the hospital, but the doctor was diagnosed as having a healthy bird. Also I wrote about coughing on post then I realized my bird needs an air purifier. After I used it, I seem to be coughing less. But today my bird seems to be coughing more, so I'm worried, so I don't know what the problem is. he ate well, were active, and his poop was good. When my bird coughs, there is no liquid secretion and discharge. My question is, is this not a problem or is there another solution? I wonder if other birds cough frequently and shouldn't worry about it.
Thank you for reading my post.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Birds do not have the ability to cough. They do not have lungs like us but rather an air sac system. What they do have is the ability to “mimic” someone’s cough.

So is there Somebody in the house that coughs a lot?

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Birds do not have the ability to cough. They do not have lungs like us but rather an air sac system. What they do have is the ability to “mimic” someone’s cough.

So is there Somebody in the house that coughs a lot?
Oh that is very interesting. Nobody coughs a lot in my house..

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Did he have previous owners? I had a rescue before who coughed just like a person. It turns out he was imitating the smokers cough of the previous owner.

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Did he have previous owners? I had a rescue before who coughed just like a person. It turns out he was imitating the smokers cough of the previous owner.
I bought him by Petsmart, but maybe a worker is smoker. I did test for him in avian vet and the vet said he does not have bacterial infection.. Today, he did not cough or sneeze that makes me happy.