• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Probably the last one to figure out this trick...java stand bowls

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
I’ve been wracking my brain trying to come up with an alternative to the screw on java tree bowls (I replaced the originals with stainless screw on) because it’s such a pain in the tush to unscrew them all multiple times a day. I’ve scoured amazon for hours looking for a quick release of some sort that I could rig onto the bolt. Then during my 4am insomnia session it hit me. Duh. Just get stainless bowls that sit in the bowls that are screwed on. This trick won’t work for all birds but mine don’t seem to pull on them so it’s working great for us and makes their cleaning and meal swapping a breeze! I’m probably the last one to think of this simple trick but I’m still glad it finally came to mind. So if anyone hates the hassle of the screw on bowls and you haven’t thought of this....here is is. Lol. My dumb trick of the day that took months to come up with. This could also be done with a heavier ceramic crock too for birds that may want to make a game of dump the food. Hope it helps someone. C9E0FD73-1E7B-4892-B0BD-4F6B23861DB5.jpeg

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Great idea! :)

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran