• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pots and pans

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
My husband has never laughed so hard at me when we went to bed bath and beyond when I showed him the cast iron stuff. He told me I would never be able to cook because I could never lift them out of the cabinet.

So we got a nice new set of ceramic cookware and I absolutely love it. Only bad thing is that it is so nonstick your food runs away from you in the pan. I almost lost a chicken strip the other day right over the side of the pan when I was flipping them over it gained some speed and and almost went right over the side.

Bialetti® Aeternum Revolution 10-Piece Cookware Set and Open Stock - BedBathandBeyond.com

Kiwibird08

Jogging around the block
We have the older version (different style lids and handles), but these are great! Even heating because of the aluminum core (they are try-ply so only stainless steel touches the food, but there is aluminum in the center because it is good at conducting heat), well made, easy cleanup and if used properly you shouldn't have sticking issues. Also, you would have to try to destroy these. I know they are a bit on the pricey side, but I eventually invested in nicer cookware because I got tired of constantly having to baby and/or perpetually replace cheaper cookware. These are very comparable in quality to All Clad, but a lot more affordable (and should last forever):

Sur La Table Tri-Ply Stainless Steel 10-Piece Set | Sur La Table

P.S. If you wait around a couple weeks and sign up for their updates, you can get these on sale for probably $250. They have sales ALL the time on their house brand of cookware.

Last edited:

tastybeets

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I almost lost a chicken strip the other day right over the side of the pan when I was flipping them over it gained some speed and and almost went right over the side.

Haha yep! You'll get really good at food wranglin'. Just picture every meal like a rodeo!

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
lol @tastybeets yeah nothing better than hot oil and chicken strip flyin all over the place lol.

I will look into them if I need another set sometime in the future. I am hoping the set I just bought is going to last me a long time but the reviews are a bit mixed on them which does make me worry.

Rolanda

My husband has never laughed so hard at me when we went to bed bath and beyond when I showed him the cast iron stuff. He told me I would never be able to cook because I could never lift them out of the cabinet.

So we got a nice new set of ceramic cookware and I absolutely love it. Only bad thing is that it is so nonstick your food runs away from you in the pan. I almost lost a chicken strip the other day right over the side of the pan when I was flipping them over it gained some speed and and almost went right over the side.

Bialetti® Aeternum Revolution 10-Piece Cookware Set and Open Stock - BedBathandBeyond.com

Do you still like this cookware? I need to get a new set and of course want to keep BIRD SAFE for my Baby.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
One of them I have been over using and it is starting to show some signs of coloring but it still works really good. I thinking it might have gotten scratched by accident. But other wise I do love them.

Heather Hunter

Checking out the neighborhood
Thanks for the thorough review. We're not looking for cookware or any Cuisinart multi-clad pro right now, but I enjoyed the balanced review and your Cuisinart set looks beautiful! Isn't a good set of pans such a luxury? They are wonderful to cook with.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Be sure to grab some Bar Keepers Friend if you do go stainless :)
It's an abrasive cleanser, works wonders on stainless. Makes it look new :)
I'll have to try this. Years ago my uncle gave me an All-Clad pan & it was gorgeous. Then I read the care instructions about be careful not to let salt sit in the pan & all of the floofy ways you had to clean it. I was afraid to mess it up so I just gave it to my sister. Now we have 2 beautiful stainless pans from my aunt as a wedding gift and I hate them! They always look stained after I run them through the dishwasher and take forever to finish cleaning gently. Guess I've just gotta get rough with 'em and let common sense override those instructions from years ago.

We recently bought a ceramic coated griddle & I've got to say it has held up well and is a dream to wash. All you have to do is look at it & it's practically clean. :joyful: Now I'm dreaming of a ceramic pots & pans set.

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
I'll have to try this. Years ago my uncle gave me an All-Clad pan & it was gorgeous. Then I read the care instructions about be careful not to let salt sit in the pan & all of the floofy ways you had to clean it. I was afraid to mess it up so I just gave it to my sister. Now we have 2 beautiful stainless pans from my aunt as a wedding gift and I hate them! They always look stained after I run them through the dishwasher and take forever to finish cleaning gently. Guess I've just gotta get rough with 'em and let common sense override those instructions from years ago.
Oh, BKF is fantastic. It's not as harsh as it sounds. It's fantastic for sinks and faucets and stuff too. I can't live without it now. :D

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Is it just me, or does anyone else appreciate product recommendations from other members? It means way more to me than a commercial or Amazon review because I know these are bird people using bird-safe products going through exactly what I go through! I love this forum!
:grouphug2:

Fritzgerald16

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
I have SS pots and ceramic frying pans, one is huge and has deep sides, it's pretty much the only one I use!

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Everyone has such nice sets! And I'll be getting some Bar Keeper's Friend when I go to the store next.

@faislaqJust a hint, they get cleaner if hubby does the scrubbing. :smuggrin:
Makes me wonder what else he could probably do better. I bet my floors would *sparkle* more if he swept and mopped. ;) And since the vacuum cleaner is a gadget, I have no doubt he could operate it more efficiently! :dance4: I could totally get behind this idea.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
My hubby does all the vacuuming (he says machinery = men's work), mopping, and scrubs pots, pans, and the cooktop. He also changes all the birdie papers cause he says I cough when I do it.
He also brings me a cup of coffee in the morning.

I could go on and on, but you'd be too jealous. :roflmao:

You can't go wrong marrying a man 20 years older.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
That's more my price & about all I need right now. Thanks @metalstitcher, I'll check those out. :)

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have a question about alunimim sheets. Are they safe to use around birds?

I like my pizza stone for cookies, but they weigh a ton!

Last edited: