• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your cage set-ups!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I posted Apollo the conure's cage awhile back, but now I also have a new quaker and have upgraded both of their cages within the past couple of weeks.

Quaker came with a corner cage, but I wanted to give him a bit more room so I ordered the new Borneo cage from exotic nutrition. It occurred to me that I might be able to attach the two to make a mega frankencage, so i ended up doing that. The dimensions of the cage sides aren't the same, so I came up with a solution by taking one of the panels off the corner cage, taking the feeder doors off the borneo, zip tying the two cages together, and using the feeder door openings as doorways between the two cages (so the sides don't need to be the same size, as long as the the corner cage is flush against the side of the borneo).

View attachment 435345

So then I figured why not upgrade Apollo's cage too? This was easier since he had a double critter nation, so I just needed to order another double cn and take a side panel off.
View attachment 435346

Filling up the extra space with more perches and toys is a work in progress, but that's what everything looks like now.

The two six foot long bird cages are now taking up a big chunk of my bedroom though. This is how I have them arranged in the room so that they both are able to look out the window and can get close-ish to one another and interact if they so choose (currently there's some sibling rivalry going on, but I'm hoping that over time they will warm up to one another).

View attachment 435347
Wow! That's absolutely amazing! They are so incredibly lucky.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
@Hello there
This one is fun to go through!
And if you want to , no pressure!, you can show off your set up

:bump7:
This thread needs a bump anyway ! Incsase others are ready to show off set ups !

Parutti

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
One thing I've done in my windows is use cheap curtain hangers to hang perches or toys from. Cotton's window has $2 IKEA curtain rod holders on the sides of the window at a couple different levels, and I change out his perches - right now for winter he has a sisal boing opened up because he can grip it better when his annoying little brother hops up and down next to him :laugh: Then at the top of the window I have a $3 tension spring rod that I hang toys from.

PXL_20231118_134823878.MP.jpg

In the front window I have a tension spring rod across the top, then have $2 stainless steel chains from a garden center hanging. I stick branches through it for perches and can clip toys to it, or stick veggies in. Opie plays here a lot in the afternoon - right now it's bare since I cleaned a bunch of pepper chunks off of toys and the window last night :roflmao:

PXL_20231118_134905953.MP.jpg

PXL_20231118_135622594.MP.jpg

PXL_20231118_135654285.MP.jpg

PXL_20231118_135724294.MP.jpg :mariecleans:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
One thing I've done in my windows is use cheap curtain hangers to hang perches or toys from. Cotton's window has $2 IKEA curtain rod holders on the sides of the window at a couple different levels, and I change out his perches - right now for winter he has a sisal boing opened up because he can grip it better when his annoying little brother hops up and down next to him :laugh: Then at the top of the window I have a $3 tension spring rod that I hang toys from.

View attachment 437472

In the front window I have a tension spring rod across the top, then have $2 stainless steel chains from a garden center hanging. I stick branches through it for perches and can clip toys to it, or stick veggies in. Opie plays here a lot in the afternoon - right now it's bare since I cleaned a bunch of pepper chunks off of toys and the window last night :roflmao:

View attachment 437473

View attachment 437474

View attachment 437475

View attachment 437476 :mariecleans:
Brilliant!
:loveit:

sb sigmund

Strolling the yard

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Since I'm cleaning and re arrangements tho I've not added the outside of cage perchs yet
IMG_20231207_104922972_MP.jpg
IMG_20231207_105001965_MP.jpg
Phoebe already made a mess getting into the popcorn ball ...it never ends!

d_msparkles

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
What a fun birdie playground!!

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Ooh what fun cages! Lucky babies :heart: . How are their new toys holding up?
My cages pale in comparison to @Emma&pico !! But they are happy and use everything.

@April your toy gifts are well loved and get action! Most of the Christmas ornaments toys are long destroyed! Clear was chewing on one of yours in my flock thread

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
My cages pale in comparison to @Emma&pico !! But they are happy and use everything.

@April your toy gifts are well loved and get action! Most of the Christmas ornaments toys are long destroyed! Clear was chewing on one of yours in my flock thread
I don’t think that’s true your outside area are amazing

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Signe

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Yay I'm just so pleased they enjoy them so much.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma

I feel mine are too cutler :( I need to stop buying stuff or buy a new cage to do up haha :rofl:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I love using that space in middle but my daughter redid the toys and I am not overly happy where they are but I can’t move them now or she will notice haha :rofl:

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Out of curiosity, does Jade ever use the bottom?
Yeah, she likes to walk around d on the bottom sometimes, and also she sleeps down there bc she's weird like that. She's done it since she was a baby, I think she just likes it being cozy.
And, is that a Monster High doll? <3
Yeah! I used to have a bunch when I was little and I've been collecting some from g3 as I've been able to do so.