• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your cage set-ups!

Somebirdie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I am currently in the process of setting up Harvey’s new cage. Trying to figure out a layout that maximises the space. Currently just two perches and an Oliver’s garden large cargo rope. Got plenty of gum branches to choose IMG_7932.jpeg from, just deciding where and how to arrange them.

Hobgoblin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Cate
My office has officially gone to the birds! It is currently more of an aviary with my computers in it than a human’s office. All three are big players so we added lots of places to climb. They also enjoy flying back and forth across the room. Puk especially likes what we call “hot laps” from cage to cage. IMG_4434.jpeg IMG_4435.jpeg IMG_4436.jpeg

Hobgoblin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Cate
My office has officially gone to the birds! It is currently more of an aviary with my computers in it than a human’s office. All three are big players so we added lots of places to climb. They also enjoy flying back and forth across the room. Puk especially likes what we call “hot laps” from cage to cage. View attachment 444314 View attachment 444315 View attachment 444316
Of course all of these things and today all 3 decide to perch on the shadow boxes with family memorabilia. IMG_4521.jpeg

Highway11

Meeting neighbors
My office has officially gone to the birds! It is currently more of an aviary with my computers in it than a human’s office. All three are big players so we added lots of places to climb. They also enjoy flying back and forth across the room. Puk especially likes what we call “hot laps” from cage to cage. View attachment 444314 View attachment 444315 View attachment 444316
Your setup is amazing!! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that larger tree/branch in the first picture for the birdies to sit on? I'm looking to find one like that or even attempt to make it myself but I am by no means a crafty person :laugh:

Hobgoblin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Cate
Your setup is amazing!! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that larger tree/branch in the first picture for the birdies to sit on? I'm looking to find one like that or even attempt to make it myself but I am by no means a crafty person :laugh:
I got it in my backyard! I did a lot of googling and tree identification to make sure it was a safe wood. I cut it down to size and sprayed it down with some soapy water and left it to dry for a day. The stand is just a $30 Christmas tree stand from Amazon.

LiveLolBrd

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lana
Here's Princeton and Skyes:
View attachment 444736
Sorry, I had thought I copied the birds real cage but I guess not.
This is the one I had copied to save to my idea board.
Here are the real cages!
I KNOW the cages is small, but the birds are happy and healthy in it and I change the cage layout and give them new toys literally every 3 days! ( I absolutely LOVE doing it, that’s why I do it so often) One day I might be able to get a flight cage but for now the birds are absolutely fine! They are also out of the cage a lot.
I am super diy-ish that is why almost all the toys are diy-ed and taped to the wall in spots.

Attachments