1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Possibly metal ingestion help!

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by Sambeana, 9/27/18.

1. Sambeana

Sambeana Meeting neighbors

Help! My conure was on my moms shoulder and picked off four of these metal thingies like little tin bling things while she was doing dishes I realized it and quickly found three, two of them were in the sink going down the drain so I think the missing fourth is down there too but I’m so scared he swallowed it!! What would you do?! He seems fine right now it’s only been a few minutes though! I’m so worried!!

2. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

He probably didn't swallow it but monitor carefully. If you see any significant changes in behavior/activity level, changes in droppings or decreased appetite then take to the vet.

Crazy4parrots and Sambeana like this.
  3. Sambeana

Sambeana Meeting neighbors

@iamwhoiam thank you so much I really don’t think he ate one but on the off chance he did I’m so scared, I think I’m going to have to sleep in the living room to keep an eye on him tonight

Crazy4parrots likes this.
  4. macawpower58

macawpower58 Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

I have heard that peanut butter may help get it passed. Tst with some on may help.

Crazy4parrots likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)