• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Possible egg on the way?

Avery Birb

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
taylor
Just got home from work and the first two droppings that Avery had were angled the opposite way of where they should go. It shot forward instead of directly down/backwards. I grabbed her and flipped her over and saw her vent looked very weird. I carefully felt it and it was hard around the vent so I called my vet office before they closed and spoke to someone who said she could possibly have an egg in there but said I would have to call back in the morning to see what they can do for me. Anyone else have experience on this? She is acting normal, eating and drinking fine as well. I don't know her sex I've just assumed it was a female but this may now confirm that. I am very worried that everything will go south very quickly and I will lose her. Also, her droppings have some bubbles in them, could this be from anything that has to do with the egg?
Thanks in advance.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.