• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Possible adoption?!?!?! Help!!! Advice appreciated!!!

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
There's only an email option. The post is still up on craigslist, so I'm thinking the person just hasn't gotten back to me yet. :confused:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I have a big grin on my face while reading this. I hope you get the bird. You'd be the best home out of anyone who calls the owner -- be sure to tell him that. ;)

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
I have a big grin on my face while reading this. I hope you get the bird. You'd be the best home out of anyone who calls the owner -- be sure to tell him that. ;)
Thank you, finchly. Hearing that, and hearing that I have the support of you all on this forum, means so much to me. I have so much respect for you all, and so the fact that you are all being so supportive makes me feel doubly confident about this. Thank you. :)

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
So, I have not gotten an email back yet. And the ad for her is no longer posted. I'm starting to feel that I missed her. As in, this person was in such a hurry to get rid of her that they couldn't be bothered answering some of my questions about her. I may getting ahead of myself, but I'm thinking that if this person does not email me back tomorrow, then he/she will probably never email me back. :( I'll keep you all posted.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
It could have also been a dangerous post. They could have figured that no one would ask questions about a free bird and would just show up. :unsure1: If they do contact you, please take someone with you or at least let someone know where you're going and when you should be back. I write the detailed info down & leave it at home, too, when I'm meeting someone I don't know.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I hope she gets back to you soon:hug8:

Barbara2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
Oh, I am so in hope you get her, you sound like a perfect Mom. Please keep us posted, we all want to know!! Good luck!

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
I am sorry you may have missed out of her. When it comes to pi's you kind of have to jump. A rescue 7 hours from me got in a pionus who's owner had just died. I called the day they got her. Been about a week or more of talking to the rescue and trying to set up getting her. There were only two other people interested but I beat them out. Now to make long trip this weekend to get her. She is about 20 and when they got her from dead owner house her bowl was nothing but peanut butter and seeds.
Again my point is you have to jump. Very few people are in to pi's compared to other birds and the people that really want them are always looking til they find.

Barbara2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
:unsure1: I am so sorry you did not get her!! Is there any way possible you can find out? I hope so, we would all like to know also!​

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
:unsure1: I am so sorry you did not get her!! Is there any way possible you can find out? I hope so, we would all like to know also!​
The person had only posted their email as a point of contact, and the even though I have emailed this person multiple times, he/she has not emailed me back. I think they gave her away and just decided not to respond to me anymore. Which is so frustrating. I wish people at least had the decency to be upfront.