• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poop

Joe Henderson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
recently my parrotlets poop has been wet not always but alot sometimes all water
I have recently started feeding him sprouts less seed he eats strawberry broiling rice corn and I started feeding Goldenfeast but it was watery before the Goldenfeast pretty much after the sprouts now I keep my sprouts fresh no more then 2 -3 days any ideas?

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Could the increase in fresh foods be partly to blame? I know when Buzzard eats fresh foods there's a noticeable difference. :backout:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Do you have pictures of the poops? Usually it's not too concerning if a bird has a couple of odd poops in a day. I know Rupert's are certainly different depending on what he eats more of. When he eats his pellets, they're brown. When he eats veggies and sprouts, it's more wet and green. When he's eaten a berry, it's a big purple :x:

Last edited:

Joe Henderson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
Yea I’ll take some but like you said they can be all water they can be just wet but still formed with the dark green wrapped around the white some in the cage look fine but thats because it might have been wet and dried up do you feed sprouts Brockli strawberry everyday? Or just on occasion,

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
My birds get a spoon and a half full of sprouts at breakfast and dinner. Chopped veggies at breakfast and dinner. Sherbie doesn't like fruit, but Rupert has a big "sweet tooth". I only give him a few berries during the week.

Joe Henderson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
I usually give a strawberry everyday mainly because he picks the seeds of it and spits the rest out do you sprout ur self

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name