• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pomegranate=Alien Pod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

love4birds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Poms are Rigby's favourite! He pops them on top of his cage and splatters the red juice all over the white cage bars LOL. L&N aren't crazy about them, but Chewy loves them too. Her foot is always stained red during pom season because she holds them in her foot to eat them.

I eat them with the seeds, too. Delicious!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Oh darn, I thought they had eradicated all the little pom pod aliens a few years ago :shocked3:.....but I guess if some people (won't name any names but will just look in their general direction :cool4:) keeps hiding them in refrigerators instead of eating them they will overtake the world faster than first feared! :sad13:

LittleGems

Poms are hugely popular with my conures! My linnies and even my generally fruit-hating parrotlets will also eat them. Yes, they are extremely messy stain-inducing foods. But they birds love them sooo much. I stocked up on poms in the fall, I have a huge amount of alien pods frozen in little snack-size ziploc bags in my freezer LOL

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Nooo I didn't try it. I'm a really visual person when it comes to eating, so seeing the inside of the fruit made me veto that idea. The birds love it though so yay! I've got pink beaks up on the stand and tails straight in the air as they chow down. Hmmm I wonder if I can get some stuff done while they're distracted by aliens.

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
I am salivating over pomegranate juiciness. My favorite fruit ever. You can eat the seeds, though after about 10 of them it gets annoying. :)

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
pomegrante is one of the heathiest frutes you can by ,, kidneys heals , lol i eat seeds and all

i dont take the seeds out for Mango i make him work for it he loves it

i cut it by taking top and botten off then slice down messy but works

thanks for video i like that way,,lol
hugs doll mango

p/s eat it its good for you

Status
Not open for further replies.