• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Please say hello to Phaidon and Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jamie
These two little guys will be staying with me for a while. Guardian Angel Pet Rescue got 5 puppies from a back-yard breeder this weekend. They have been working with the breeder for a little while now and are trying to get her to stop ... she has 19 dogs that she just allows to freely breed & gives the puppies away to whoever comes along. Many of them end up in a shelter in a county just north of Memphis.

Anyway, I am taking care of these two little guys for a while. They appear to be a chihuahua dachshund mix and are about 3 months old. They appear to be in good health, however a friend and I pulled about a dozen ticks off of them yesterday afternoon. They are eating very well and are playful. The best thing is that they are very quiet :rofl:.

Here are some photos of their first few minutes in my house and getting to meet my two chihuahuas. Notice that Rosie and Carlos decided to get inside the little crate and sit there for a while :rofl:

My dogs are getting along well with the puppies. They usually do not have any problems with small dogs.

Phaidon is the one with the longer hair and Jason is the other one ... Jason was born with just a stump for a tail. The rescue lady said that one of the other puppies in the litter only had about half a tail.

Konstantinos chose the names :D

Attachments

Last edited:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
They are both adorable! I hope they both find wonderful homes

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awwwwwww bless your heart..they are impossibly CUTE

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Look at those little cuties! :heart:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
2 dogs and 2 puppies, that's gonna be fun! :hehe: they're adorable, puppies are far too cute. :heart::heart::heart:

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Omg they are soooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
How cute! The 4th picture from the bottom is adorable.:heart:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
These two little guys will be staying with me for a while. Guardian Angel Pet Rescue got 5 puppies from a back-yard breeder this weekend. They have been working with the breeder for a little while now and are trying to get her to stop ... she has 19 dogs that she just allows to freely breed & gives the puppies away to whoever comes along. Many of them end up in a shelter in a county just north of Memphis.

Anyway, I am taking care of these two little guys for a while. They appear to be a chihuahua dachshund mix and are about 3 months old. They appear to be in good health, however a friend and I pulled about a dozen ticks off of them yesterday afternoon. They are eating very well and are playful. The best thing is that they are very quiet :rofl:.

Here are some photos of their first few minutes in my house and getting to meet my two chihuahuas. Notice that Rosie and Carlos decided to get inside the little crate and sit there for a while :rofl:

My dogs are getting along well with the puppies. They usually do not have any problems with small dogs.

Phaidon is the one with the longer hair and Jason is the other one ... Jason was born with just a stump for a tail. The rescue lady said that one of the other puppies in the litter only had about half a tail.

Konstantinos chose the names :D

Awww, they are so cute. I don't really see Dachshund in them (I have and show Dachshunds). To me they look more like Toy Fox Terrier, or Rat Terrier or JRT mixes. They are so cute. I am sure that they will get great homes!

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
How adorable! I hope they are able to find good homes soon, but in the meantime enjoy having some puppies around!!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Look at those cute little waifs! :heart: Glad you're two were showing them the crate is a good thing. :lol:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
aww, they are so cute! I bet you will end up keeping them, haha!

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
look at how tiny they are compared to your chihuahuas!

jamie

Real Name
Jamie
aww, they are so cute! I bet you will end up keeping them, haha!
I'm not planning on it :rofl: Hopefully they will find a home soon

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
What cute dogs!

Matt

jamie

Real Name
Jamie
One went to a home .. one more still waiting

About a month ago, I stated fostering two chihuahua mix (according to the rescue and the backyard breeder who surrendered them :D) puppies. Luckily, last week the rescue had an adoption event at a local Petco and one of them got adopted. He went to live with a young lady who is a teacher and now off for the summer. She has a cat also, but this is her first dog.

The second one is still with me. He was pretty confused for a few days after we came home without his brother, however, he's gotten back to normal.

Next week is another adoption event, so I am hoping he will get lucky then :D He is going to be a nice companion for someone. He's learning his name and is pretty well behaved. He's doing pretty well with house training and does not mind being in his crate.

Attachments

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Re: One went to a home .. one more still waiting

Awww, he is so cute! Congratulations to the other puppy for finding a home, hopefully this guy is next!

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

He is a adorable.I hope he gets his home soon.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat

Jamie he is so cute! I hope he finds a great home!

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita

Aww he is so cute

Status
Not open for further replies.