• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Please help me

SonaIsFluff

Checking out the neighborhood
since it is getting close to the fall season my bird sona is getting pin feathers she lives alone and I’m VERY new to having a bird she lets me pet her head but I don’t know 1.when the feathers are ready and 2. How to preen the feathers can someone help?

blewin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ben
If she lets you, gently rub her head with the tip of your finger. If she likes it, she'll probably shove her head in the direction she wants you to scratch her. If she doesn't she'll start play-attacking your finger. Either way, if she nips you, stop until she head butts you again.

Holly21

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Deana
The pin feather should have a small feather coming out of a whiteish tube you rub your fingers together on the whiteish tube and it will crumble as a flake and gently blow on her and the flakes will fall off her.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
SO glad there are folks here to help - I would not have known the answer to this question either. Thankfully, mine preen each other.

Holly21

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Deana
I have two tiels and they do not like each other at all so I have to take care of their heads:lol:. I bought the second one so my female wasn’t lonely and she is jealous that I am around him so she will not leave my shoulder:hehe:.