• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Please help gender my ringneck

Apollogise

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello there! I've had my IRN parakeet Apollo for nearly three months now but I'm still not quite sure what their gender is. Apollo is only around a year old so there is obviously no black ring (or lack of) to indicate their gender. I know there are indicators before getting a ring but since Apollo is my first bird I'm a little unsure. Can anyone help?

Attachments

Sylvia_E

Moving in
Real Name
Sylvia
It will be a little bit easier if you could get a picture of his beek/face straight from the front, and also one straight from the side. But if I hade to guess now, I would say a male.... due to the beek that maybe is a little bit wider and the shape of the head that tend to be a little bit more round on females. but It is just a guess.

Apollogise

Checking out the neighborhood
It will be a little bit easier if you could get a picture of his beek/face straight from the front, and also one straight from the side. But if I hade to guess now, I would say a male.... due to the beek that maybe is a little bit wider and the shape of the head that tend to be a little bit more round on females. but It is just a guess.
Hi thank you so much!!! Sorry for the awkward pics Apollo isn't the most photogenic bird haha. I tried getting front and side pics but Apollo just want having it : )

Attachments

Sylvia_E

Moving in
Real Name
Sylvia
It´s hard to say anything more. But It´s a real cutie!!!

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Those pics are super cute!

You can get the little one DNA tested. It isn't an expensive procedure. :) Ask your vet.