• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Plastic toy parts

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Are there some safe options for plastic toys or toy parts that are safe? My Illigers is addicted to all plastic stuff. He loves snapping it and chewing it. Not very safe. He even destroys plastic stuff that I did not think he could, like the ‘barrel of fun’ foraging toys have taken a beating. He finds small plastic beads from my little birds sometimes and can sit for a long time with it after he snaps it in half, really hard to get it away from him he can take treats while he hides the bead onder his tongue. Scared the crap out of me because it could be sharp. Larger plastic beads he still chews but it takes longer, too big or though he loses interest so far, except when he gets it in his head that it needs to be destroyed, like the barrel of fun. I have been looking for a while now but haven’t found a good alternative yet. Anyone have suggestions?

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I am no help but hope someone answers for you and you can find something to safety entertain him

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
IMG_5997.png
what about something like this don’t know how safe it is though

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Hey good idea! Excited to try it and see what he thinks, thank you! I had not thought of pacifiers even though I have some stuffed away. I think the ball will also be okay to chew, I give him those soft plastic toy hangers to chew as well. They last like 1 minute but it is good entertainment for him:roflmao:

Momo & Mido

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Irene
Did you ever try those SS toys for big parrots with those little parts they can mess around with?
Jenny from vkspeeltjes.nl might have something safe?

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Did you ever try those SS toys for big parrots with those little parts they can mess around with?
Jenny from vkspeeltjes.nl might have something safe?
We have a bunch from Jan on here, but the actual Ss he doesn’t care about a lot, only from time to time. except for screaming in the one with big cups:rofl: he loves that one. He does mess with the plastic parts and managed to chew some off for the ones meant for smaller birds. Worth a try to see if he will like those as well:roflmao:

he destroyed even the extra large pacifiers I had, but in two parts so a lot safer. I ordered some more for him. He has some dice on a toy that he has been chewing on that barely show a dent, but I am a little concerned for when it does break apart.

Picture of him chewing the soft plastic he adores. Silly bird:heart:
CFCF9EF6-D9AB-4B71-899A-05E8DE814629.jpeg

Last edited:

Momo & Mido

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Irene
What an adorable picture
But why won’t you just play with wood you silly bird?!!