• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Piper !

alicat

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ali
Hey all, I haven't been on in a while so I don't know how many of you remember Piper. Just want to say all is good! :wacky:
He's still pretty cage territorial but when I open the door he comes out and chills and still let's me scratch him.

He's also learned to fly! He gets so out of breath and it's so funny. But he does circles around the room all the time now.

I hope everyone here is well! :xflove: 20170101_101907.jpg 20170101_101914.jpg IMG_20161231_172138.jpg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Piper is beautiful. : )

Rolanda

Gorgeous Coloring!:heart:

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Pepper learned how to fly, too! Flight buddies.
She circles and memorized her way from anywhere in the house to her and Pikachu's cage.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very cute!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Piper is beautiful. I love the first picture.

My tiers always have to take a couple (or more) laps around the room before settling on their favorite play gym, ME.

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Awe, Piper is such a handsome guy! :heart:

I missed seeing pictures of him, glad to hear he's doing good! :)

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Welcome back Piper. Great to see you. Happy New Year and hope you are back again for a while, at least.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Piper is as cute as ever! Glad all is well, it's good to see you again!

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Piper is so beautiful. I love his soft grey against white.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Adorable Piper! :heart:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Lurch started out clipped and when his flights finally came back in he was so outa shape one emergency flight would have him sleeping on my chair for a hour afterwards. He eventually got better at flying and also built up his strength and endurance and could make laps around our new house with no problems except maybe a heavy breath when he finally landed. He loved to fly and was getting pretty good at it. Your guy will slowly do the same as he gets stronger so let him do as he pleases as long as it's not hurting him and he'll be zipping around without having to rest all the time in no time.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Oscar RBP spent 9 years in a too small cage and was never permitted to fly around the room or even be out on a play gym. He was only out of his cage when his owner took him out of the cage wrapped in a towel and "petted" with an oven glove. When I finally got him in the birdroom and opened his cage door, it took him six hours to come out of the cage and spend time on top of it. I happened to be in the room six hour later when he took off for the first time and barely made it to a spiral perch three feet away from his cage. His flight muscles must have been extremely weak. But he kept working at it, using the four foot ladder to get off the floor if he crashed. Now he zips around the room, happy and confident.

Cover all open water, put curtains over windows and just allow newbie flyers to learn to control their wings in their own time. I love watching new babies fledge. They are so cute and at first they can only fly up. The get up against the ceiling and don't know what to do, fold their wings and find themselves on the floor. Their instincts are to get off the floor and they climb anything they can to get height and take off again, once again hitting the ceiling until they figure out how to fly down. Watching new fledglings is just wonderful.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Lurch did that when we first moved in here with the higher cathedral ceilings. He kept going up then bouncing against the ceiling. I don't think he ever learned how to fly down very well but he certainly learned the new open floor plan and how to fly through and between the half wall and post by the hallway that is supposed to make it look cool.
Dobby is a expert flyer and zooms around and between everything and he does know how to fly down.

alicat

Real Name
Ali
Pipers already gotten pretty good at flying, my buns his favorite landing place and if I cover my head he'll do a few laps around the room. It's so fun to watch him! I was worried about him learning since he was clipped for so long but he's picked it up like a champ! 20170107_143424.jpg
20170107_143820.jpg

@Tim do you have any recent pictures of those two?!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Love that first picture!:xflove: