• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Pip the betta fish

Lo_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Here is Pip :)
I don't remember if I've ever introduced him to the Avenue yet or not...but he just got a fresh clean bowl and a new plant and new moon rocks that glow in the dark, so we're gonna show off ;) :lol:I've had him for about a year now...I love my little Pip! He's on my nightstand, he's my sleeping buddy :p

DSCN2361.JPG
DSCN2364.JPG

DSCN2347.JPG

DSCN2348.JPG

DSCN2360.JPG

DSCN2361.JPG

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Cool. So surprised bettas live that long esp in a glass bowl.
Fish are fun but some can be a lot of work.
:dance4:

Last edited:

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Fish are fun but some can be a lot of work.
:dance4:

Yeah we used to have a large fish tank but with all of our lives getting busier and busier we decided to downsize to Pip :)

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Simple is sometimes better. A lot of work with a tank & filter & water conditioner & ph & hardness. Lights & plants which Pip has are pretty. I commend you for having a fish for a year. Mine always seemed to succumb to something or they jumped out.
Imagine coming home to a fish on the floor. :wtf:

Reactions: Lo_

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Simple is sometimes better. A lot of work with a tank & filter & water conditioner & ph & hardness. Lights & plants which Pip has are pretty. I commend you for having a fish for a year. Mine always seemed to succumb to something or they jumped out.
Imagine coming home to a fish on the floor. :wtf:

I agree, simple is usually better. :)
Oh no! That would be terrible to come home to :depressed:

Story time!
When I was younger I was changing the water of another betta fish, and I was pouring the water from the bowl to a "holding tank" situation so I could clean his bowl, and he jumped right from the stream of water into the sink...where he "swam" right down the drain! I was so upset the whole rest of the day. I can't help but to laugh about it now, but I definitely changed my ways of transferring fish to different tanks!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I agree, simple is usually better. :)
Oh no! That would be terrible to come home to :depressed:

Story time!
When I was younger I was changing the water of another betta fish, and I was pouring the water from the bowl to a "holding tank" situation so I could clean his bowl, and he jumped right from the stream of water into the sink...where he "swam" right down the drain! I was so upset the whole rest of the day. I can't help but to laugh about it now, but I definitely changed my ways of transferring fish to different tanks!

Oh, that is sad. I used to get upset if I lost a plant seed down the drain.

:hug8:

TwoTinyTrees

Avenue Veteran
He's a beauty!

Kimberla

Avenue Veteran
He is pretty. Unfortunately, when you buy fish, you never know how old they really are. You may be buying one that is half way thru it's life already.

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
That's down to luck. They really should be in heated, filtered tanks. They're tropical fish (coming from Thailand), and even though wild bettas live in shallow bodies of water like rice paddies, those are still naturally filtered. Keeping them in cold, stagnant water significantly cuts their lifespan. Unfortunately, they're cheap and easily replaceable, and for some, it's easier to just buy a new one every few years than invest in the proper equipment. My most recent betta just passed somewhere around 5, but he could've been much older.

Rant aside, Pip is very cute though! If you want to make sure he lives as long as possible I'd recommend a small heater and filter for him :) Warmer water makes them more active, so you might find he's an even better buddy than before!