• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

pionus puberty?

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
When you do get toys, I suggest thin pine slats and balsa wood and viney type things. At least that's what Leto likes.
Yes, at first the toys I bought were too big and I thought they didn't like toys but I got thinner slats, balsa and pieces with notches in them and my boys started chewing. Especially Charlie. So try all different shapes and sizes.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
She is beautiful. Congratulations.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Congrats on the new family member:highfive::heart: They also sometimes are scared of big food and things too so like said try different things and see what she likes right away.
Nerd used to take up to 6 months or so before something new was safe and acceptable to use or play with, but usually once he did he used whatever it was happily after that. Some things he never liked but mostly he just had to think about it and then slowly start to use.
They all are individuals so your girl may react or do things differently just let her go at her own pace and you two will reach a understanding hopefully sooner then later.:hug8:

Perriewinkle

Rollerblading along the road
@Dartman thank you for the advice. I got more photos today and I can't wait to "rescue" her.

Again please no negative comments, I'm sure my eyes are as good as yours and i see what you see.. i just want her here to give her a new life.

Attachments

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
She is gorgeous. Congratulations!!!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Well she'll have a great life with you so what came before will be forgotten. Your doing the right thing and getting a loyal family member for the rest of her life:dance4::dance5:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Again please no negative comments, I'm sure my eyes are as good as yours and i see what you see.. i just want her here to give her a new life.
I sure that non of us here are negative! :) All we want is for you to get her home ASAP.
And we all want to see a lot of pics as soon as she arrive. We are like family here, when someone getting a new Pi we only are happy. :)

cetan

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
She is beautiful. My bronze wing boy is 4 and he started the hormonal brat stage at around 2. He is quite the wild child but I love him and he is very friendly to the other 2 older Pis here. All my boys love fresh veggies, some more than others but fresh corn, mini peppers, peapods and green beans are usually popular