• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pink and White

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I figured since I've been taking so many pictures of the *babies* that I should get some new pics of the bigger boys (and 'zonnie girlies). Here are some pictures of Kishka RB2 and Reggie Lou D2. You can see where Kishka has been removing some of Reggie's crest feathers. I don't know why he's so rough when he preens Reggie or why Reggie puts up with it but he's always begging Kish to preen him!:) Crazy birds!

DSC04029.jpg DSC04017.jpg DSC04020.jpg DSC04021.jpg DSC04022.jpg DSC04023.jpg DSC04025.jpg DSC04026.jpg DSC04027.jpg

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Cute. :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
They are both beautiful! It is great that they can be around each other like that!

Matt

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
They are both beautiful! It is great that they can be around each other like that!

Matt

Thanks Matt. They do get along pretty well until Kish decides to pull a feather out, then Reggie can get huffy but he always comes back for more. I'll have to get pictures of the two of them together at a time when Reggie deems it suitable to actually come out of his house...I don't know what got into him last night but he didn't want to come out and then screamed blood murder when I shut the door on him...crazy parrots indeed!:)

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Cuties! Perhaps Kiska knows Reggie wants those feathers pulled and is helping his friend?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Cuties! Perhaps Kiska knows Reggie wants those feathers pulled and is helping his friend?
Yeah, all I need is a totally bald Reggie Lou!:) Actually, Kish has managed to remove a few head feathers from Amarillo too...I think it's his trademark. He's a total nudnick to the other birds sometimes. That's what you get when you have a bird with ADD!:)

Cathy AZ

Walking the driveway
So pretty....both of them. His feathers will grow back but how will you stop Kishka from plucking them out again. I was reading some cockatoos groom too much and this is what happens. It is sad to keep them apart if they like each other so much.

Cathy AZ

Walking the driveway
Can you tell me what kind of waterer you have attached to the cage? Do you like it?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Love your RB2! Now I might have to come visit you :D
Feel free but give me about a month to prepare! Right now the cages are a mess and we really need to get them upstairs and outside for their yearly powerwashing...I dread that though especially with the two big Kings cages! I would give anything to find a better way to do this!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
So pretty....both of them. His feathers will grow back but how will you stop Kishka from plucking them out again. I was reading some cockatoos groom too much and this is what happens. It is sad to keep them apart if they like each other so much.
Yes, Reggie's crest feathers will come back but I'm afraid he's probably done enough of a number on his chest and legs and the backs of his wings that many of those won't come back. He started picking about four years ago. It started with his tail and he was brutal with that...his tail is definitely gone and will never grow back. I've spent thousands of dollars on him to figure out what's going on and they think it's just hormones. He was an incredibly beautiful bird before he picked, but I love him now just the same and he still has the most beautiful face...he's my plucky ducky!:)

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Can you tell me what kind of waterer you have attached to the cage? Do you like it?

Those are Bird Butlers from Birds ETC. I think the web site is www.birdsetc.com but don't quote me on that. I love them but you want to make sure to get the bottles with the SS valves.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Oooohhhh, video of Kishie. He's such a butterball. The ones in the kitchen I have Tuchis sitting on my shoulder and Jon is trying to get Tuchis to let him pet him. Tuchis is definitely a momma's boy!:)

Kitchen video:
[video=youtube_share;71OrJvmnkjI]http://youtu.be/71OrJvmnkjI[/video]
[video=youtube_share;aUfvejkw6x4]http://youtu.be/aUfvejkw6x4[/video]

Kishie downstairs on Reggie's porch door:
[video=youtube_share;1eFPNMJzYjo]http://youtu.be/1eFPNMJzYjo[/video]

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
:omg: they are beautiful :)
Thanks! They're snots too!:) I battle daily with Reggie trying to sneak into the back end of the basement where the furnace and all the wires are! We need to get a door for that! Kishka, well, Kishka is a ball of energy that never stops moving! They're a lot of fun though, especially the Pink Fink!

FreeByrd

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
There is something about their faces that I am REALLY drawn to..... Very engaging. And I've fallen in love with those pink birds, even though I don't like pink.

Your "butterball" is adorable. :heart::heart::heart:

SallyQZ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
:heart: :heart: :heart:

I love their merry little expressions - look like they're both cruising for trouble, then acting innocent because you've noticed! :D

melissasparrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are both beautiful. Kishka just looks like a little brat that thinks he's a prince.
Have you every tried Noni juice or a little extra sodium in Reggies water? Both Ariel and Cassie have a definite itch. Noni make the difference between a plucking Ariel and nearly non plucking Ariel. It helps Cassie a little too. Although Cassie went through a year where she would just itch and dig at herself like crazy when I touched her or after flying around doing her cockatoo scream and strut thing. It was fairly clear all the activity or touching set off a bunch of itchy nearve endings. I started puting some sea salt in one water bowl and giving her another water bowl of just plain water. After about 3 weeks, she stopped with the really itchy stuff. She's nearly perfectly feathered except for a small bit of behavioral plucking she does probably because she was a rehome and somebody never taught her to play like a normal bird. Otherwise, between Noni and the optional salty water, I have a nearly non-plucking goffin's too.
Neither of my girls have anything diagnosable by the vet. I spent OMG thousands on Ariel between giardia, zinc, basic blood work and repeats of everything to figure out what her issue was. I can take mine off the Noni during the dead of winter and they are fine so long as I don't do something like clean out a closet and kick up a bunch of dust. Then they'll pluck a little for a day or so. Otherwise, feb/March through Nov/Dec(depending on when it feezes and stays frozen and when it starts the thaw) they get it 6 days a week. Does something for them as long as I'm a witch and make sure they get enough to do any good. There seems to be a thearaputic dose that like any med if you go under it doesn't work. I was really surprised it worked since I'm totally not a holistic medicine sort of person. But I was down to grasping at straws and just wanted my bird comfortable so I tried a few things here and there and happened to get one that worked for us. Just a thought for you since I think you've said Reggie seemed itchy a few times. After experimenting a little Pacific Noni or Noni Pacific(can never remember the exact name) is the brand that consistently gives the best results. Cassie has to have the salty water too or the Noni does nothing for her since the sodium seems to be her main issue and the allergy just a minor problem.
Melissa

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.