• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pics of the 'grandkids '.... yeah we're strange

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Been a while since in posted about the nom-feathered kids in the family....

Was a busy weekend, triplet
grandkids added to the family... Names yet to be determined...

But first is hypo double het leopard albino boa... she has a boyfriend waiting for her, but it will be several years before they produce some really awesome great-grandchildren. She was a pre-arranged first of the triplets, Victoria had put a deposit on her from DNA Breeders.

Then the 'twins' are from our favorite crack dealer Jay Gonzalez... One was also pre-arranged and we went to the show to pick him up. He is an Amel Goldenchild... no photo is doing justice, he is not yellow, he is an amazing orange.

And the surprise of the triplets is a drop dead gorgeous normal that again was my fault. I'm as bad for her to go to the shows with as Jeanne is! He is 'normal' but guess when it's a Jay baby, even the normal are exceptional. I want to name him Fluffy, but Victoria is claiming he's too beautiful to be a Fluffy... but in loving memory of our first retic from a decade ago, who was named Fluffy (cause that was the only way she was getting the retic I I got to name her Fluffy), I think its a fitting loving tribute. Yeah, Tor's not buying it either. Fluffers was a surprise Christmas addition to the family :)

And more pics of one of the favorite grandkids, Cleo even one watching TV with me... she was sitting on the laptop screen and when I moved my arm, whole thing almost went flying, she's not a tiny little thing anymore. Still about the prettiest and sweetest baby in the house.

Then some pics of the big girl. Lily who we've been treating for an abscess, yes a snake can break your heart. .. know it has to hurt but she has been so good not even a hiss....

Tiny little black snake is probably the 'rarest' in the group, an African Wolf snake, she is wild caught and an import. Tho we joke she surrendered cause not sure how girlfriend would make it in the wild, we joke she climbed into a bag and asked where the hotel and room service was. Cute little thing, incredibly sweet for 'wild'

Not sure who else I might find.... but just sharing my other 'grandchildren'!! FB_IMG_1481177192557.jpg FB_IMG_1481177203684.jpg FB_IMG_1481177213229.jpg FB_IMG_1481177230657.jpg FB_IMG_1481177239724.jpg FB_IMG_1481177250009.jpg FB_IMG_1481177257436.jpg Resized_20161107_131429.jpg 20161205_223603.jpg 20161205_220948.jpg 20161207_180549.jpg 20161207_180452.jpg 20161206_152102.jpg 20161126_155757.jpg

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Cleo is beautiful. The orange one is stunning. Poor baby with the abcess. I like FLUFFY. Tell your daughter she needs a sense of humor.

Distaff

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mary
Beautiful snakes. We have a rosy boa, a desert kingsnake, and a cornsnake here.
I'd like to add a couple of BCI's and a gopher snake in a year or two after we move.

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Cleo is beautiful. The orange one is stunning. Poor baby with the abcess. I like FLUFFY. Tell your daughter she needs a sense of humor.

If you like that pic of Cleo. ... here are pics showing how gorgeous she really is. About 15 years ago, would have thought people were crazy saying snakes are beautiful, but guess my daughter turned me!! The third pic is when she was a hatchling, colors are most intense. She was called favorite of the breeders girlfriend, Victoria purchased her online, but when we met them at a show, she had photos for us to take of baby Cleo. Awesome to have! She's gotten bigger and can't quite do the hair bun now but still small enough she gets up in Victoria's hair.
cleo.jpg 20160706_221435 (2).jpg cleo2.jpg cleo.jpg

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Posting from my phone. Having hiccups!!

Pic of Lucky our normal, believe she is BCI, Victoria is expert there! lucky.jpg

FLmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
Wow they are gorgeous colors! I know nothing about snakes but they sure do look like beautiful ones!

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I like snakes, but only outdoors.
I can't imagine how heavy that big one is! Beautiful.
There was a coachwhip at a field site I had that was so fast and would even climb trees. I'd look for him.
Do the birds ever see the snakes? what do they think?
My goffin was wild caught over 30 yrs ago and has a thing about holes and once attacked the tv during an extended snake scene on a nature show.
We sat there and watched with our jaws on the floor.

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
OP I see significant healed head injuries on two of your snakes... what's the deal?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
OP I see significant healed head injuries on two of your snakes... what's the deal?
Jennifer works at a rescue, and takes in some animals herself. I am not positive that she adopted those two snakes, but there is a good chance that she did.

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
Oh ok. Its sad that some people would do that to their pet.

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
No they were both bought and are mine. Strangely enough animals hurt themselves and neither one was all that significant. The black one is a wild caught wolf snake took awhile to find husbandry that satisfied her since I'm the only one I know of that has one. And no nice little care sheet you can pull offline about one even if there was I wouldn't have trusted it since they aren't common. There's probably two others out there with one but haven't seen them posted about anywhere. She scrapped up her head trying to find a way out while I was still messing with the temps and humidity and finding something she would actually eat.

The Retic as posted had a mouth issue. She was on antibiotics for about 6 months while it healed. She damaged herself more trying to escape the shots than she did when she scraped her mouth pushing. Retics are notorious for busting up their mouths. I'm sure she won't be my last one with an issue.

Both are fine again.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I am not a snake person but Chloe is stunning.

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Oh ok. Its sad that some people would do that to their pet.

Nope, none of the snakes are rescues... however if you know anything about retics, the question is kinda silly... retics are known to push, push and push some more even in the largest of enclosures. Retics get head rubs... its life with a retic. I understand you are on a snake forum, ask there too, they will tell you the same... But no worries, even our snakes see a vet - the big girl, Lily was on months of injections due to the problem with head rub getting infected from pooping, knocking over her water bowl and pushing to get out of the mess she made in the middle of the night (but again, life with retics)... and she saw the vet half a dozen times in just a few months.

The little Wolf snake girl was an imported wild caught from Africa, she had a slight issue with a head scale. The little Wolf girl was tested for parasites while in quarantine and her head was treated. Yep, she saw the vet too... She is gorgeous and perfect today.

Curious what type of snakes you have that you cannot identify head rub on a retic... love to hear about your snakes!