• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pics of my Africans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicklette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Courtney
They are doing very good, not fighting, everything is peaceful but I know Im going to have to seperate them. But for now it's working, enjoy.
Any tips on getting the algae off the back of the tank, i try really hard to scrub it but it won't come off. -for those who have fish

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
They are so pretty. I can never keep fish alive :(

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Aww, if you need help PM me and I will help you. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy. Thanks.

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
I haven't tried in years. I got rid of all my stuff because I felt horrible killing all those poor fish.

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Aww, it happens when you first start out. Maybe you put too many fish in while it was cycling. If you need a hand give me a shout if you want to try again. Get some very hardy fish and you will be okay.

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
Aww! That's so sweet!! Thanks. Maybe when I move I will revisit fish.

Zoso

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bob
Yeah I tried the africans. Everything that you read says you have to keep a large school together or otherwise they will fight. I bought 20 for a 40 gallon aquarium only to have one left in a week. I bought 20 more larger ones and the same blue one ate the fins off of all the others and killed them. We wound up with one huge african in a 40 gallon aquarium for 6 years before he died. He was the largest one I have ever seen but he was also one mean SOB. I wish you luck and the setup is really nice, -Bob

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
They are beautiful, Courtney! I like your tank also! :D

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Yeah I tried the africans. Everything that you read says you have to keep a large school together or otherwise they will fight. I bought 20 for a 40 gallon aquarium only to have one left in a week. I bought 20 more larger ones and the same blue one ate the fins off of all the others and killed them. We wound up with one huge african in a 40 gallon aquarium for 6 years before he died. He was the largest one I have ever seen but he was also one mean SOB. I wish you luck and the setup is really nice, -Bob
Im sorry, maybe they were not compatable. 20 fish for a 40 gallon is too much so maybe that was your problem. But it happens when you first start out to everyone. Thanks birdiemarie

Status
Not open for further replies.