• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Picky eater.

Gizmo The GCC

Meeting neighbors
Hi! I'm looking for tips and advice on how to introduce fruits and vegetables to a parrot. I've been trying to give her different stuff every now and then before her breakfast, but she just couldn't care less about it.

I have a two-year-old green cheek conure who, according to what her previous owner said, has never eaten any fresh food at all. I just got her for about a month or so (still trying to build some trust between us), and we recently switched to a fully pelleted diet. She's still young and her previous diet already has some pellet in it, so it's easy to switch.

I also don't know how to find her another treat besides the sunflower seed, which she would do anything for it. I tried the Nutri-berries, but she doesn't seem to have that much interest in it.

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
My birds don't pay any attention to the fruit just sitting in their food bowl.........but hang it from a skewer and NOW you have got their attention. I move it around in different locations and they will find it. Some days mine will eat almost anything and then there are days where it all gets ignored with an attitude.

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
I have to cut stuff up into bite sized pieces for cheeky or she will ignor it Also, if I'm eating something she will at least want to try it but likes not much.