• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Petco You & Me (Mink) Cage or Dbl Flight Cage?

Bird_lover6

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
I've been considering which cage to get Mango for a few months, now, and can't make up my mind!

I would love a heavy, quality cage for her, but those cages don't seem to come in appropriate bar widths.

Mango has two of the 30"ish wide A & E dome top cages (one in family room and one in bedroom), but I'd like to replace one since she needs more room for toys. Which cage would you consider? Mango only comes out for two to three hours on weekdays, so I'm trying to give her the best quality of life possible.

How could something so simple and not that significant in the grand scheme of things be so difficult to figure out? LOL

Last edited:

Shyra

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
I like the mink one because it seems more heavy duty. Those doors on the flight cage seem kind of flimsy. May not be but I always put perches on the doors for my birds to use when they come out or go in their cages and I'd worry about attaching anything that had any weight to those flight cage doors. I also like the heavier metal frame on the doors to keep them from bending and birds squeezing out.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am not a fan of this cage. Received two and returned them both because they were dented and bars bent. Decided not to try again. I found that the cage bars were easy to flex and the trays were lightweight. However, there are others here who have this cage and really like it. A few said it is difficult to get through doorways due to the size.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
If you have room for a double flight, do it. Mango needs lots of space if he is only getting out a few hours on the weekend.

Bird_lover6

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
If you have room for a double flight, do it. Mango needs lots of space if he is only getting out a few hours on the weekend.
Well, Mango does come on for two or three hours on weekdays (with the occasional exception), and for longer periods over the weekend. Since she has nice cages in two rooms of the house, she is almost always with me when I'm home, even if she is caged. She seems quite content with the situation, but I am trying to do my best for her. :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Well, Mango does come on for two or three hours on weekdays (with the occasional exception), and for longer periods over the weekend. Since she has nice cages in two rooms of the house, she is almost always with me when I'm home, even if she is caged. She seems quite content with the situation, but I am trying to do my best for her. :)
Good. Your original post made it sound like Mango only came out on weekends. With that schedule either cage would be ok.