• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pet Bird and Parrot Behavior

Chihuahua

Rollerblading along the road
It's nice but some of it is inaccurate, i.e. eye pinning isn't always dangerous, it can mean the bird is interested as well. Some birds fluff up if they are happy, and some birds flap their wings when begging to be picked up if they are unable to fly. Birds also wipe their beaks on rough surfaces to slough off dead flakes. etc.

kathyth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
Thank you for this article!
:)

lexalayne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
I like the tail flaring - means they're excited. 2 of my Toos, opposite sexes, can be put together and be fine but the male is more interested in the female than vice versa. She usually will only be on the same play stand with him for a few seconds but lately she's been fanning her tail feathers towards him and shortly after flying off. So she may not be as uninterested in him as I think. No, do not want to breed them.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Linnies do the tail flare big time. Mostly when they do not like something.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Pretty complete article that covers all the basics.

but the male is more interested in the female than vice versa. She usually will only be on the same play stand with him for a few seconds

Yes. The females rule the roost. Tika follows Amanda around like a puppy dog. She won't give him the time of day unless she's "in the mood". She's very selfish. He's 900g. She's 600g. She bosses him around.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
There is good, basic info in the article, but I disagree with some of their suggestions.