• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pepper Looking for new home

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
Pepper is my male Senegal , from the beginning he was my neices bird and she moved to canada since she didn't know what to do with him and she didn't want to go through all the red tape of takeing him to canada she brought him to me , she told me to keep or re- home him it was my choice ,we had not planned on one more bird just yet , we did have future plans of adopting a CAG and still do Pepper makes 4 and a cag would make 5 , with a full time job 5 is to many for me to handle , so I'am letting Pepper go with a re-homeing fee , I just bought him a brand new cage about 3 weeks ago , she brought him over in a small rusty cage and paint chipping off of it , it drove me nuts to see him in such a crappy cage
if anyone is interested please pm me , Pepper is almost 10 months old and he comes with his almost new cage and plenty of toys and perches , ty for takeing time out to read this , I'am located in Wayne , Michigan about 40 minutes west of detroit

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
thanks for sharing I hope he gets a great home

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Deby ..

I am not questioning your reasons for rehoming .. you do what you must and it's a personal choice .. however ....

When you post info on a forum, it's public, and it's recorded ....

http://forums.avianavenue.com/poicephalus-place/17581-omg-look-what-i-did.html

You got a lot of support when you rehomed a bird<s??> back in March, stating you just couldn't handle the 2 larger species and want to remain at just two birds. Nobody said anything negative when right after that, you got Pepper. Now you are rehoming Pepper, and talking about adding another bird.

Your stories on your birds are very conflicted .. on March 26th you stated you were rehomeing Rudy, KC and Niki but then changed your mind and only rehomed KC. Niki supposedly died, and somewhere a GCC appeared. Just a few days after rehoming KC, you got Pepper from Petland, but now you say he was a relatives bird.

http://forums.avianavenue.com/rehome-highway/17134-down-sizeing-my-flock.html

It's all a bit confusing and raises some questions.

Deby, I plead with you to give a lot of thought to adding birds to your home. Birds are not like cars, you don't just trade them in for better/different models when you tire of them.

These are your own words ..

I have had a change of heart on giving up Niki so I made a final decission to keep her and Opey , guess I'am more attached to her then I thought I was , as for Rudy and KC they are both going to great homes with families that have alot of bird experience and they will be very much loved and wanted as pets not breeders , that is all I can ask for because I did not want them to be breeder birds and no I'am not getting any more birds as of now any ways , the thought of a gcc did occur but I ruled that thought out at least for now, have get rid of that mbs syndrome thats how I ended up with 4

KC went to his new home today and it really seems strange with out him here but I can and will visit him this summer he isn't to far away , as for Rudy me and hubby talked he really does not want her to go he has gotten very attached to her and she totally loves her daddy it's real easy to see sooooooooo we decided to keep Rudy along with the 2 quakers Opey and Niki but hubby is going to help out more around here , he said he would start cleaning her cage and I will take care of the other 2 and he does feed them their dinners on the afternoons that I work and gives them their baths and showers so with his help it will be alot easier just thought I would give everyone the news

I don't mean to sound harsh, and I wish you luck in finding a good home for Pepper, but it seems you're not quite sure what you want at this point, and the birds are paying the consequences.

JMHO

Last edited:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:confused: I hope he finds a great home.

Stacy_b

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Stacy
Deby ..

I am not questioning your reasons for rehoming .. you do what you must and it's a personal choice .. however ....

Omg look what I did

You got a lot of support when you rehomed a bird<s??> back in March, stating you just couldn't handle the 2 larger species and want to remain at just two birds. Nobody said anything negative when right after that, you got Pepper. Now you are rehoming Pepper, and talking about adding another bird.

Your stories on your birds are very conflicted .. on March 26th you stated you were rehomeing Rudy, KC and Niki but then changed your mind and only rehomed KC. Niki supposedly died, and somewhere a GCC appeared. Just a few days after rehoming KC, you got Pepper from Petland, but now you say he was a relatives bird.

Down sizeing my flock

Deby, I plead with you to give a lot of thought to adding birds to your home. Birds are not like cars, you don't just them in for better/different models when you tire of them.

I have had a change of heart on giving up Niki so I made a final decission to keep her and Opey , guess I'am more attached to her then I thought I was , as for Rudy and KC they are both going to great homes with families that have alot of bird experience and they will be very much loved and wanted as pets not breeders , that is all I can ask for because I did not want them to be breeder birds and no I'am not getting any more birds as of now any ways , the thought of a gcc did occur but I ruled that thought out at least for now, have get rid of that mbs syndrome thats how I ended up with 4

KC went to his new home today and it really seems strange with out him here but I can and will visit him this summer he isn't to far away , as for Rudy me and hubby talked he really does not want her to go he has gotten very attached to her and she totally loves her daddy it's real easy to see sooooooooo we decided to keep Rudy along with the 2 quakers Opey and Niki but hubby is going to help out more around here , he said he would start cleaning her cage and I will take care of the other 2 and he does feed them their dinners on the afternoons that I work and gives them their baths and showers so with his help it will be alot easier just thought I would give everyone the news

I don't mean to sound harsh, and I wish you luck in finding a good home for Pepper, but it seems you're not quite sure what you want at this point, and the birds are paying the consequences.

JMHO

I agree....

Last edited:

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Deby ..

Omg look what I did

Down sizeing my flock

Deby, I plead with you to give a lot of thought to adding birds to your home. Birds are not like cars, you don't just them in for better/different models when you tire of them.

JMHO

I was just getting ready to post to this thread with pretty much the same thoughts, but you were more eloquent :)

Last edited:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Whatever your reasons are,I truly hope that Pepper gets a wonderful home,he's a very handsome boy and I will miss seeing him here.

*K*J*B*

Real Name
Kylee
Deby ..

http://forums.avianavenue.com/poicephalus-place/17581-omg-look-what-i-did.html

http://forums.avianavenue.com/rehome-highway/17134-down-sizeing-my-flock.html

Deby, I plead with you to give a lot of thought to adding birds to your home. Birds are not like cars, you don't just trade them in for better/different models when you tire of them.

JMHO
Amen. I hope darling Pepper finds a loving and accepting forever home soon. He certainly deserves one where he will be loved and spoiled.

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
I will find a great home for Pepper so not to worry their ,I only posted that on hopes that someone from the forum would love to have him and then he would get a good home , I guess from now on I will leave my personal life at home where it belongs not on any forum

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Poor Pepper :(
I hope he finds a geat, permanent home somewhere. Your asking price is a bit hefty for me, or I'd be taking that little boy home!

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
I will find a great home for Pepper so not to worry their ,I only posted that on hopes that someone from the forum would love to have him and then he would get a good home , I guess from now on I will leave my personal life at home where it belongs not on any forum

We're here to help and support .. to a point. We collectively will ALWAYS try to have the best interest of the bird at heart.

If you had been honest about Pepper, and your motivations, you would have received a lot of support and assistance.

You have a history of disposable birds, not just on this forum, but on others. It's no secret, there are several here that are very familiar with you.

I will only speak for myself, although I know there are others here with the same belief. PETS ARE NOT DISPOSABLE!! "Trying them on for size" .... like they're nothing more than an outfit being chosen for a special event, only to be discarded when it doesn't suit your needs .. IS NOT responsible, caring, understanding or loving.

Last edited by a moderator:

GRANNYKAT50

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
kathy
I agree totally when I here someone say this bird isn't as tame or freindly as I wanted so I'll just get a different one. I liken these birds to children. You can't just get rid of them when it fits your wants or you don't like something about them. The brids should be gotten to work with and love and not just to throw away......

*K*J*B*

Real Name
Kylee
I agree 100% Merlie. I'll leave it at that because a previous post I made on this thread was already deleted. I just hope Pepper finds a wonderful home and that she doesn't take in any more living things.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We're here to help and support .. to a point. We collectively will ALWAYS try to have the best interest of the bird at heart.
This is so very true.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Ok, Roadies, I need to ask you to please show more civility when you post or this thread will have to be closed. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but you know we don't encourage slamming anyone. Please tone it down a bit. Thanks.

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I really hope you reconsider, Deby. I say this in all respect, but if you truly do not think you can handle Pepper then you should not get any more birds if you rehome him. What if the other bird has the same issues?
Instead of rehoming, I would put your energy toward making it work. He's only 10 months old. With a small amount of work, you can change any behavioral issues you are having with him. If you need help feel free to PM me.

Ziggymon

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
PETS ARE NOT DISPOSABLE!! "Trying them on for size" .... like they're nothing more than an outfit being chosen for a special event, only to be discarded when it doesn't suit your needs .. IS NOT responsible, caring, understanding or loving.
+1

Stacy_b

Real Name
Stacy
Im with Merlie, whether this forum finds it harsh or not...Im thinking we should be looking where the real issues lie, this forum is supposed to be about the birds, for the good of them, how can this happen when we find conflicting stories about birds in need? If there is an issue it should be addressed, harsh or not...

But thats just my 2 cents...

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
... If there is an issue it should be addressed, harsh or not...
If there is an issue it may be addressed but NOT harshly. Harsh posts WILL be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.