• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Peep Says “Hi”

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
We’ve been absent but well. My cousin took care of Peep while I was in the hospital last summer. She is now part of the flock but he doesn’t get to see her too often because she has a cat. He DEMANDS to go to her whenever he does see her. Here he is saying, “Where have you BEEN? I haven’t seen you in AGES!”

B24CA387-9259-4BB5-8516-D3219DED824A.jpeg 1EB7D1CB-BEEB-488A-A0F5-223A4F4A5427.jpeg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my goodness I didn't know you had a little Lovebird! It's great to see you posting! I just recently returned to AA and I see I missed your "new" baby! What an absolute cutie pie ! :heart:

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I'm always so glad to see a happy Peep update. he sure does like your sister too!
:smileflower:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Glad to hear you´re ok! I´ve missed seeing sweet little Peep! How nice that your sister was able to help out caring for him and he likes her :)

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
I'm always so glad to see a happy Peep update. he sure does like your sister too!
:smileflower:
He is actually a social butterfly. Cautious, but social. He is the only bird here and quite popular with the staff, many of whom want to hold him. You need to approach slowly and hold your arm near my shoulder. If you are patient, he will climb aboard. Especially if you are wearing pink. He also has had his picture taken many times. Several residents don’t know MY name. I’m The Bird Lady.

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Oh my goodness I didn't know you had a little Lovebird! It's great to see you posting! I just recently returned to AA and I see I missed your "new" baby! What an absolute cutie pie ! :heart:
I have had Peep for 3 years, come February. He will be my last parrot because of his PBFD. I try not to dwell on that and just love him EVERY DAY we have together.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have had Peep for 3 years, come February. He will be my last parrot because of his PBFD. I try not to dwell on that and just love him EVERY DAY we have together.
I've been gone for about 4 years since Nala died :(. So I missed out on so many things here. I'm so sorry to hear that I wondered if that's why he was a naked little man. I'm sorry for him and you but I'm glad he seems to be cheerful and active :heart:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Hope you are doing OK! And it's nice to see Peep!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sweet Peep! Such adorableness in a small, spunky little creature!

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Can you not sanitize after Peep passes away? Does this disease linger forever?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
It's always great to see peep - he's my little hero. Always has a smile.

@Sparkles99 - PBFD is one of those diseases that it is almost impossible to get rid of by disinfecting. It will live for months on hard surfaces and up to 18 months on/in organic matter.

Psittacine Beak and Feather Disease (PBFD): This is one of the two most devastating airborne viral diseases of the pet bird industry. There is no cure.

Last edited:

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Maureen! Glad to see you back on the avenue! And Peeps as well! Sad to hear about your recent hospitalization- hope everything is going okay on that front. I was just thinking about Peep and you with the last couple bad storms in your area- naked chilly butt if power goes out! Hope we get to see more of you now.

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Maureen! Glad to see you back on the avenue! And Peeps as well! Sad to hear about your recent hospitalization- hope everything is going okay on that front. I was just thinking about Peep and you with the last couple bad storms in your area- naked chilly butt if power goes out! Hope we get to see more of you now.
I’m fine. Just broke my hip. Five weeks in rehab hospital followed by home health and all is well. And not to worry about the weather. I’m in a good sized Independent Living facility. The following pictures were all taken AEE82E3E-59AF-4018-A555-7D48A5A1460E.jpeg A85CADF3-E69C-47F9-AF5C-4EC91A7DE4DD.jpeg C63EA933-8C51-4D33-8EF0-F930AD4FD576.jpeg C63EA933-8C51-4D33-8EF0-F930AD4FD576.jpeg 709BCFA4-D7F5-40E4-B4BB-B73085E906C2.jpeg from my cozy recliner, surrounded by excellent central heating.

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Sorry about the double post. Senior moment. Admin, fell free to delete the duplicate if possible

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m fine. Just broke my hip. Five weeks in rehab hospital followed by home health and all is well. And not to worry about the weather. I’m in a good sized Independent Living facility. The following pictures were all taken View attachment 401580 View attachment 401576 View attachment 401577 View attachment 401577 View attachment 401578 from my cozy recliner, surrounded by excellent central heating.
I'm so sorry to hear that you broke your hip! So glad that you've healed well and are on the mend. Those pics of Peep are so adorable! :heart:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He is just plain adorable! It’s impossible to take a bad picture of him. :heart:
I don't doubt that at all! Has he ever worn a sweater like the famous Lovie Rhea did?